Complaint Review: Universal Timeshare

• Submitted: Fri, November 21, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, November 21, 2008

• Reported By:mooresville North Carolina
Universal Timeshare
11455 S. Orange Blossem Trail Suite15 Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Universal Timeshare Sales ,Universal Timeshare rip-off complaint and refund request Orlando Florida

*Consumer Comment: Time Shares

On March 17, 2008 Universal timeshare rep. Kenny Martinez (cell: 407-283-2778) contacted us telling us that he had a buyer for our timeshare. We needed to move quickly to process the document to complete the deal. After we processed the document and the sale fee was processed through our Visa we could no longer get in touch with Kenny. I was told he was out a number of times I then questioned the lack of contact with Kenny and was told that he had left the company and account manager Melanie Stouffer xt.49 would handle our account.

When I spoke to Melanie 5/9/08, she informed me that she had a couple that was interested in purchasing our timeshare with self-financing. She also told me that they are having a trade show starting on 5/12/08 and would have 300 plus visitors. After waiting one week 5/21/08 I called Universal, Alisia answered and told me that the sales convention will be running till next month. I spoke to Alisia by phone on 5/30/08 asking here to move our timeshare sale to a high priority and she would call us a.s.a.p.

One month later 6/30/08 I called Alisia said that she would check the status and call back on Wednesday 7/2/08, she never returned my call. On Tuesday 7/22/08 I called Kimberly Sinsor said some one would return my call. On Wednesday 7/23/08 Kimberly told me that they had two customers interested, I then ask her to send me the proposal. I did not receive any proposal or documentation; I then contacted Universal Timeshare, Alisia on 8/5/08 and told her that I was very dissatisfied with their performance and wanted a total refund due to no action on their part in selling our timeshare property. We went online to check the posting of our unit with our property ID # 2203180821 for a number of times and found no sale information on our unit. We are continuing to request a full refund.

I am forwarding this document and other complaints documents to Better Business Bureau, and my credit card company in an effort to resolve this issue. If anyone wishes to contact me with the same issue with Universal timeshare please feel free to call me.

Bill R
mooresville, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2008 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Timeshare/Orlando-Florida-32837/Universal-Timeshare-Sales-Universal-Timeshare-rip-off-complaint-and-refund-request-Orland-1030222. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Timeshare

Time Shares

AUTHOR: Evita75 - ()

The time shares resale scams are just a symptom. They need to do something about the timeshare scam itself. An obligation 'in perpetuity' - that passes to your children? There is almost no legal way out of the obligation, even if you don't use the facilities and want to sell it back (they won't take them back). In other words, they hawk 'property' that you cannot resell, cannot give back, and has literally no value in the market - and tell you that you have to pay 'maintenance' forever... and that they can assess 'special fees' on in order to do repairs they *should* have been doing with the maintenance fees