Complaint Review: Universal Timeshares

• Submitted: Mon, August 27, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, August 27, 2012

• Reported By: Roberta — North Manchester Indiana United States of America
Universal Timeshares
14525 SW Millikan Way, Suite # 17820, Beaverton, Oregon United States of America

Universal Timeshares, Beaverton, OR Chris Price Chris Price said he had a Canadian buyer for my TimeShare Beaverton, Oregon

Wow, This is my "tale of woe"...Scam? Ripoff?

I thought I checked for "Universal Timeshare"  through Ripoff report service in March 2012 when first contacted, but didn't 'till tonight - I could have filed this report months earlier!

(Of course they want your money before we hang up the phone.)    They did refund the "foreign transaction fee", I appreciated that.  I really need to sell this property...and a refund of my $1,800 would help with this next year's maintenance fees, etc.

I'm adding this information to the Ripoff report.
(Again I'm also requesting a "read receipt".  Someone has gotten the earlier emails.)

HERE GOES...

1. March 22, 2012 7:05 pm call from Chris Price (sales ID 4389659), I couldn't talk then.

2. March 23, 2012 2:15 pm Chris Price (from Beaverton, OR) called back to tell me "...had a Canadian buyer for my timeshare...willing to pay $23,500...at a cost to me of $1,800. .."

3. March 26, 2012 Watching my credit card statement (on line) I saw the "foreign fee" and I talked with a Kelly, also sent an email.  This was refunded back on my credit card.

4. April, 2012 a phone call from Allison said "...husband met with you BUT wife couldn't attend so meeting reset for May 13th...".

5. May 15. 2012 2:25 pm Allison called to tell me "...decided wanted to apply for a loan, instead of cash...".

6. June 12, 2012 2:50 pm a call telling me "...getting approval for loan...".

7. July 25, 2012 10:30 am I think Christina called telling me "...still waiting for loan confirmation...and would call again August 15th, 2012...".

8. August 2012 No Phone Call......NOTHING.

I'd like my $1,800 back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2012 09:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Timeshares/Beaverton-Oregon-97005-2343/Universal-Timeshares-Beaverton-OR-Chris-Price-Chris-Price-said-he-had-a-Canadian-buyer-933450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Timeshares