• Report: #1001951

• Updated: Wed, January 23, 2013

• Reported By: jd31 — estacada Oregon United States of America
Universal Transport
13499 Biscayne Blvd North Miami, Florida United States of America

Universal Transport Not a legitamate business. Liars and thieves. North Miami, Florida

I scheduled a transport with someone named Phil on a Friday.  The charged my credit car $195 as a deposit.  Phil informed me that my vehicle would most likely be picked up the following day but would be picked up on Monday at the latest in Boston.

Saturday came and went and nobody picked up my vehicle.  Then Monday came and went and it was still not picked up. I then called several times and could not get an answer nor could I get anyone to return my call.  I called again and eventually spoke to someone named Sally.  I told her I wanted to cancel my order.  Sally sounded suprised and told me that the truck was in Boston now and was on it's way to pick up my vehicle as we spoke.  I told her that was fine.  I found out that there was in fact no truck and that the so called "dispatch department"  just rings to her home.

I cancelled in writing and by phone. According to Universal's policy you have to cancel within five days to get your money back.  Sally was lying saying the truck was in the city to prevent me from cancelling my order so they could keep my money. I also checked with a different company who said that nobody had picked up the bid from Universal.

I called back several times to get my deposit back.  I eventually got through to somebody claiming to be the owner.  He would not give me his full name but eventually said it was Jake Stevens.  This person spoke English but had an accent of some type.  Possibly Hispanic or middle eastern.  He advised that deposit was non refundable even though their own contract said it was.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Transport/North-Miami-Florida-/Universal-Transport-Not-a-legitamate-business-Liars-and-thieves-North-Miami-Florida-1001951. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Transport