Complaint Review: Universal Vacation Club

• Submitted: Mon, August 03, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 03, 2009

• Reported By:Other Other
Universal Vacation Club
myuvc.com San Diego, California U.S.A.

Universal Vacation Club is a waste of time and money San Diego California

I have had the exact same experience. I purchased my time share and received the same customer service. I purchased the timeshare under a company and was promised that the gold week would be maintenance free. We soon found out that we needed to pay extensive fees, couldn't split up our weeks, and it is virtually impossible to go to other resorts
When we originally signed our contract we were promised that there were plenty of rooms available. We have tried for months and can't find a week available. The resort is unavailable even during the summer months!
The best part of the story was that the sales representative told us that they were many resorts that were being completed. They stated they were building in Cancun, Lerado, and even Kawai. Last time we called in they said that they haven't even looked at property in Kawai. What a joke! Cancun is supposedly finished in the year 2010, but for me to believe that I would need to go on Google earth and see even if they have a hole dug. Universal Vacation Club is not trustworthy or ethical.
When I signed my contract they wrote all of this down on a yellow lined piece of paper. My favorite part of the extravaganza is when I asked them to have the piece of paper. They quickly grabbed if from me, tore it up and threw it in the trash. They are not allowed to display those contracts. Of course! If they did allow those documents to be released their company would go bankrupt because their scam would be exposed.
If you are an individual looking into buying a property, don't make the same mistake I did. Run away why you can. For those who have made the same mistake as I have, any advice? I am so frustrated with the issue I am ready to default on my loan and run why I can. I would rather take a ding on my credit score than deal with this company again. I am seeking legal advice, and any possible outcomes.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2009 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Vacation-Club/San-Diego-California/Universal-Vacation-Club-is-a-waste-of-time-and-money-San-Diego-California-475957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Vacation Club