Complaint Review: Universal Van Lines

• Submitted: Sun, February 20, 2000
  • Updated: Sun, February 20, 2000

• Reported By:
Universal Van Lines
3416 W. Flower St Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Universal Van Lines - Phoenix, AZ

We had thousands of dollars of damages and 'lost' items and incurred expenses when Universal Van Lines of Phoenix, Arizona moved our household goods to our new residence. One of the 'lost' items was a Craftsman toolbox with over $700 worth of Craftsman tools. Our refrigerator, barely a year old, had numerous scratches and dents and our electronic piano and carved hope chest was dented and gouged. Other items that were 'missing'include a desert bicycle, part to a weight bench, chairs and bed rails. I consider these items to be stolen by Universal Van Lines as they stated on at least two occasions that the toolbox and other items had be located and were en route to our new home. Universal Van Lines also damaged the headliner on my car during transport and it now has numerous scratches and gouges.
The BBB and the Attorney General's offices in Phoenix, AZ have been contacted about these issues. To the best of my knowledge, Universal Van Lines still has an 'Unsatifactory' rating with the BBB.
I did attempt to resolve this thru the NW Phoenix Justice Small Claims Court but, did have to withdraw my complaint due to the poor medical status of my mom. Requests for a continuance or for a telephonic hearing were denied.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Universal-Van-Lines/Phoenix-Arizona/Universal-Van-Lines-Phoenix-AZ-1293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Universal Van Lines