Complaint Review: University Of Advancing Technology

• Submitted: Wed, October 08, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 05, 2009

• Reported By:PORT SAINT LUCIE Florida
University Of Advancing Technology
2625 W. Baseline Road Tempe, Arizona U.S.A.

University Of Advancing Technology cREEDY PRIVATE COLLEGE Tempe Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Read and Ask

I WAS A FORMER STUDENT OF UAT. ONCE YOU PAY THE APPLICATION FEE OF $100.00 DOLLARS A STUDENT WOULD ASSUME YOU WANT HAVE TO PAY IT AGAIN. THINK AGAIN IF YOU WERE ARE A FORMER STUDENT THEY WANT ANOTHER $100.00 TO RE-ENROLL A FORMER STUDENT AGAIN. AND HERE IS WHAT THE LIES ARE BIGGER. IF A STUDNET HAS LEFT UAT TO GET GENREAL EDUCATION COURSE OUT AWAY. DO YOU THINK THEY WOULD ACCEPT THE CREDITS EARNED BY FORMER UAT STUDENT? NO THEY WILL NOT. STUDENTS READ THE ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT IT STATES THAT STUDENTS MUST HAVE TRANSCRIPTS ON HAND THE FIRST SEMESTER. WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT. THEY DON'T CARE IF YOU COMPLETED YOUR ASSOCIATES ARTS DEGREE SOME WHERE ELSE. THEY WILL COMPLETE IGNORE THE CREDITS AND MAKE YOU REPEAT THE COURSE YOU TAKEN FOR YOUR ASSOCIATE DEGREE OVER AGAIN. CAN YOU SAY WHAT A GREEDY CORPORATION. THAT IS STUPID THAT THEY WOULD EVEN CONSIDER MAKING A PERSON WHO EARNED A DEGREE TAKE THE SAME COURSE OVER AGAIN. THAT IS A SCHEME TO GET MORE MONEY OUT OF THE FORMER STUDENTS. THAT MEANS YOU WILL GRADUATE WILL THE INCOMING FRESHMAN ALTHOUGH YOU MAKE HAVE OBTAINED A DEGREE. NO UNIVERSITY WOULD NOT ACCEPT CREDITS EARNED FROM A PERSON HOLDING A DEGREE. THEY DON'T CARE IF YOU WENT TO ANOTHER SCHOOL AND COMPLETED YOUR DEGREE. AS LONG AS THE COLLEGE WAS ACCREDITED. THE COLLEGE WOULD NOT MAKE YOU PAY A APPLICATION FEE FOR ADMISSIONS WHEN A STUDENT MAY HAVE DONE ALREADY BEFORE. STUDENTS BEWARE OF UAT. THEY MAKE SEEM LIKE A GOOD UNIVERSITY. BUT THEY ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN MAKING YOU PAY DOUBLE. SO DON'T WITHDRAW AND TRY TO COME BACK WITH CREDITS FROM ACCREDITED COLLEGE. BECAUSE THEY WOULD JUST LAUGH AND SAY IT IS INELIGIBLE BECAUSE IT WAS NOT ON FILE THE FIRST SEMESTER. THIS SHOULD BE IN BOLD IN THE COLLEGE CATALOG AND THE APPLICATION. SO STUDENTS THINKING OF ATTENDING LOOK AT PG 38 AND MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE CREDITS ON FILE. OR DON'T THINK ABOUT COMING BACK THROUGH THERE DOORS.

Alexmac
PORT SAINT LUCIE, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2008 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-Of-Advancing-Technology/Tempe-Arizona-85283/University-Of-Advancing-Technology-cREEDY-PRIVATE-COLLEGE-Tempe-Arizona-379316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University Of Advancing Technology

AUTHOR: Chowder - (U.S.A.)

I am a UAT graduate from 2003 with a degree in Technology Commerce. Before attending UAT I graduated from Pennsylvania State University with a BA in Telecommunications.

Everything the initial poster says is true and I had the same experience with transferring credits in from my previous degree, however all of this information was presented to me before I signed on the dotted line. The school is not deceptive in it's practices and there were many opportunities to ask questions of the enrollment coordinators. I was in fact able to transfer quite a few of my general education credits from PSU to UAT and as a result graduated 1 year earlier than the average student starting fresh off. I do remember I still had to take the freshman orientation class which I thought was silly but not that big a deal. There are some cases where accreditation may not be the same as the school you're coming from and some of the credits won't transfer. That's the way things are, accept it or move on.

There is a $100 enrollment fee. The initial poster even admits himself the information is available on page 38 of the college catalog... Is it possible that this is not a scheme but that everytime someone enrolls, whether they were previously a UAT student or not, it costs the school money in staffing and bureaucracy to handle your admission request? I think that's exactly how it works. If that process was free the school would be swamped with people applying without a high commitment level and they would lose money... meaning they would have to charge the existing students more to compensate.

Since graduating from UAT 6 years ago I have been employed with well paying jobs related to my UAT major. Without UAT my income would be much less. So would my student loan payments of course but what are you gonna do? The initial poster of this "scam" may have had a bad experience but to claim that UAT is scamming people with $100 admission fees is not accurate.

Read and Ask

AUTHOR: Sinvex - (U.S.A.)

Perhaps in the future you should read rules and ask questions before deciding to go do something possibly uncertain with something as serious as your education. Also there are many many schools that will not accept credits from other schools regardless of accreditation.

PS I'm a UAT student, and they told me all of this when I enrolled. Yes they have some stupid rules and fees but find me a school that does not and I'll find you a pot of gold, and a unicorn.