Complaint Review: University Of Phoenix Axia College

• Submitted: Sat, October 18, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, October 20, 2008

• Reported By:Gainesville Alabama
University Of Phoenix Axia College
3157 E. Elwood St Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

University Of Phoenix Axia College University of Phoenix is a rip off Phoenix Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Information requested

I am currently enrolled at the University of Phoenix Axia college online. I feel like i'm being ripped off because I haven't recieved any receipts on how my financial aid being spent. They didn't even took the time out to explain to me how my financial aid is being spent.

I called and sent emails to my financial aid counselor about where my financial aid went to. I even doesn't know how much money I have receive for financial aid. The only thing he called about was I needed a loan to help pay for my class that I haven't finished yet.

I feel like they are using us as students for the money they are not interested in our education. The only thing I have received from the school was a bill for 2,080 for classes I haven't finished. They already want me to get a loan for the other classes that I haven't started.

I feel like they owe me big time. They didn't ask me did I needed a computer. They just assume that I had a computer because I sign up online. I Recommend for anyone interested in taking online classes, they should do research first.

Everytime I ask for my receipts he doesn't respond back. He just want me to get a loan. I hope someone will be able to look into this so that I can get my money back.

Ikishia
Gainesville, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2008 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-Of-Phoenix-Axia-College/Phoenix-Arizona-85034/University-Of-Phoenix-Axia-College-University-of-Phoenix-is-a-rip-off-Phoenix-Arizona-382538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University Of Phoenix Axia College

Information requested

AUTHOR: Scottsdalegirl - (U.S.A.)

All financial aid information is thoroughly discussed before you start your first class with your financial aid counselor during your welcome call. If you are confused about any of the information that was provided to you, call/email your finance counselor. If you feel you are unable to get in touch with your FC, you can call the main line 800-545-6042 and ask for any FC to discuss your student file. Furthermore, you have all documentation on your student website. Your enrollment counselor or tech support (866-334-7332) can assist you if you are unable to locate the information on your student webpage. Also if you would like any of your counselors managers names and numbers, these are also all available to you by calling the main line.

To recap...you can get the information you are looking for by...

1- Contacting your finance counselor
2- Contacting your enrollment counselor
3- Calling customer service at 800-545-6042
4- Calling tech support at 866-334-7332
5- Looking at the top of your webpage that you log into every day for class.

As for the school not making sure that you have a computer, normally your enrollment counselor would verify you have a computer but generally it is expected that if a student is enrolling for classes online, they would only do so if they have access to a computer.

I hope this helps, good luck with your education.