- Report: #212046
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: University Of Phoenix
University Of PhoenixPO Box 37100 MC 2250 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.
University Of Phoenix HUGE RIP-OFF for ignorant students, who don't know how to take ADVANTAGE of this PATHETIC school! Phoenix Arizona
*Consumer Comment: Attendance at UOP on ground
*Consumer Comment: Many employers prereject University of Phoenix graduates
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: FACTS trump OPINION
*Consumer Comment: Victim of "process the bodies"
*Consumer Comment: YOU ARE WRONG!
*General Comment: Response
*Consumer Comment: ANN, oh Ann
*General Comment: Brick and Mortar Graduate School w/ UOP Bachelors
*Consumer Comment: You get what you put in...
*Consumer Comment: CINDY, thats nice, BUT PLAIN AND SIMPLY YOU OR UOP CANNOT DISPUTE MY FACTS.
*Consumer Comment: You must be kidding Me!
UOP also has some of the most unprofessional, overworked, finance & admin staff. They are horrible now, but were 10x worse years ago!
Let me educate some of you on schools like UOP..
1. Most people who have problems with UOP, don't have a clue about colleges and universities. If they did, MOST students wouldn't be attending UOP (hence the word "ignorant" put in the title line).
EXAMPLE: There a hordes of National Universities (U.S. Univ. that rewards a full array of undergrad, graduate and doctorial degrees) that have VERY CHEAP but comprehensive online courses, for working adults, etc. Why do people spend good money to attend UOP online? Its a rip off for the TYPICAL person. (I've done UOP online and actual classroom work on their campus(es).
Classes from schools like Univ. North Dakota (very low cost online) can be completed as quickly as 4 weeks, and that credit xnsfers virtually to ANY university. UOP CREDIT DOES NOT!
2. THIS IS IMPORTANT. PAY ATTENTION!
UOP is good for one thing. (this is what smart people use UOP for). To simply get a piece of paper that allows you to TECHNICALLY say you have a degree, in order for you to get promoted, or go on to a graduate or professional school at a REAL university, where you can actually learn something.
Example: An undergraduate degree nowdays (if you want to make real money ($80,000 and up) isn't worth crap. So knowing that many professional schools (Law School, etc..) merely require a BA or BS, UOP is a good deal for someone who merely wants a diploma to satisfy the ''DEGREE REQUIREMENT'' for Law School, MBA, etc.(yes, I know you have to take the LSAT, been there done that).
b. Getting a degree fast from UOP could get a person promoted in the military, and looks good on enlisted performance reports (NCOER). The military doesn't really care where the credit comes from, obviously. (been there done that too).
c. You can take your NOT WORTH A DAMN uop degree, and get into a accelerated 1 yr. BSN (BS nursing) program, then sit for the NCLEX and become an RN with a strong nursing degree in 12 months! Why pay UOP prices for nursing, when they require you to be an RN before allowing you into the BSN prgm? Get your RN and BSN in one fell swoop! Go to a really, really good Anesthesia program (CRNA) graduate, and start at $80-$120,000 per annum. Am I joking? Print what I'm saying out, and ask any Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist or Physician.
3. UOP CREDIT DOES NOT READILY TRANSFER TO A LOT OF *REAL* UNIVERSITIES!
LOL.. oh come on people! You're killing me! Do you honestly believe what the staff at UOP tell you?
I'll tell you what they won't, and what some of you obviously don't know. You NEVER want to transfer credit from a school like UOP to a regular University (never!), because a LOT won't take UOP credit. UOP is too damn easy is why!
Example: Before I took my first class at UOP, I called University of Arizona and asked if UOP credit would transfer. The lady almost laughed in my ear and said, ''no, definitely not'' (this was several years ago). But once you get a DEGREE from UOP, then you can go to any Master's, Graduate or Professional program as long as you meet the prerequisites because you've met the DEGREE requirement! Start to see where UOP pays off for the smart folks ;) UOP is best used as a quick way to access programs at OTHER universities!
4. CAN'T GET A JOB WITH UOP DIPLOMA? I can't believe some guy was trying to get a job in finance on a UOP diploma. Rule of thumb people; If you're in a Business Administration or Finance Degree program that doesn't require at LEAST Business Calculus, THEN YOU'RE IN A BS PROGRAM! :)
EXAMPLE: K-State Universtity is a teir 4 school (one of many lowest or lower ranking schools). THEIR Business Admin. Degree requires Calc/trig. Doesn't THAT tell you something? UOP counselors will tell you a bunch of crap because they generally aren't an educated lot. I'm giving you the real deal.
It is horrible how many attend UOP and don't have the freaking common ass sense to put the UOP degree curriculum next to that of several National University(ies) curriculums of the same field-of-study and compare. That simple act would stop many prospective students dead in their tracks as they wonder ''why are universities x, y and z so much tougher? why do universities x, y and z require chemistry, physics, or calculus for their business AND computer science majors?
5. UOP has a SHAME I.T. program! OMG I can't believe the students that graduate and know NOTHING about real-world computing.
TEST: Ask UOP I.T. (Information Technology) grads to whip you up a web page using Dreamweaver or GOlive, create something from raw HTML, or replace a motherboard, or fix a data base and they'll absolutely BE LOST.
3 friends graduated UOP I.T. with honors and didn't know jack about computers! Thats a damn freaking shame! Fortunately they were taking the Cisco Course on the side and went on to get their Masters Degree at a *real* university.
Challenge to everyone:
Print out what I wrote above, and show it to a UOP administrators and see what reaction you get. *Ask the UOP people the hard questions! "does uop credit transfer to University of Arizona? Arizona State? Florida State? Penn State?
You know somethings wrong when UOP staff can't even tell you whether or not UOP credit will transfer to MAJOR universities IN THE SAME METRO AREA! That should have red lights and sirens going off in your heads people!!
Print out what I wrote and show it to administrators of State Universities and see what THEY say!!
Oh!! UOP kills me with the whole "we are the largest private u.." Oh heaven puhleeze! (remember your statistics people) What does THAT have anything to do with the quality of education? In fact, it means the INVERSE. They reason UOP is large is because its an EASY school to get a degree from. Hell, if Harvard, Columbia, C.I.T., Duke, and NYU were "easy" to graduate from, and had virtually no entry standards, and were as cheap as UOP (relatively speaking of course).. they'd be HUGE too!
Unless you know what you're doing, and know your way around the various degree programs, DO NOT ATTEND UOP! Single mom? Work and can't attend traditional school and looking for a way to better yourself?
1. Find a community college that is a feeder to a larger university that has the BS/BA that you want. Complete the AA/AS at that school online or in the classroom, and work your way up. You'll save tons of money.
2. Better yet, find a University that has tons of online programs and do courses online AND at the local community college (be sure the credits xnsfer) so you get done with a BS/BA in less than 2 years. BE SURE TO CLEP A LOT OF YOUR COURSES! It only costs $60 or so to take a 90min. exam! Study and CLEP everything you can!!
I completed 12 cr hrs. in five days by challenging exams and even more by CLEP! Ask the university/college about their exam challenging rules; get a copy of the rules and take advantage of them!!
3. Major ONLY in worth while majors of study. Engineering, Nursing, Chemistry = Worth while majors. English, History, Woman Studies = worthless (unless you want to be a starving teacher). This comes in handy if you want to upgrade your major. Its EASY for an engineer to become a teacher, not so easy the other way around. Do your homework, plan your life, BE SMART.
And stay away from UOP.
Yes, in this post there are sentence fragments, & prob. numerous misspelled and wrongly phrased. I'm confident however that you'll get through it, then over it ;)
Newport News, Virginia
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2006 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-Of-Phoenix/Phoenix-Arizona-85069/University-Of-Phoenix-HUGE-RIP-OFF-for-ignorant-students-who-dont-know-how-to-take-ADVAN-212046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)