• Report: #212046

• Submitted: Thu, September 21, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, March 13, 2012

• Reported By:Newport News Virginia
University Of Phoenix
PO Box 37100 MC 2250 Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

University Of Phoenix HUGE RIP-OFF for ignorant students, who don't know how to take ADVANTAGE of this PATHETIC school! Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Attendance at UOP on ground

*Consumer Comment: Many employers prereject University of Phoenix graduates

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: FACTS trump OPINION

*Consumer Comment: Victim of "process the bodies"

*Consumer Comment: YOU ARE WRONG!

*General Comment: Response

*Consumer Comment: ANN, oh Ann

*General Comment: Brick and Mortar Graduate School w/ UOP Bachelors

*Consumer Comment: You get what you put in...

*Consumer Comment: CINDY, thats nice, BUT PLAIN AND SIMPLY YOU OR UOP CANNOT DISPUTE MY FACTS.

*Consumer Comment: You must be kidding Me!

University of Phoenix (UOP) is a HORRIBLE example of higher education, and I would NOT recommend it for people who don't have a clue about how our nation's education system works.

UOP also has some of the most unprofessional, overworked, finance & admin staff. They are horrible now, but were 10x worse years ago!

Let me educate some of you on schools like UOP..

1. Most people who have problems with UOP, don't have a clue about colleges and universities. If they did, MOST students wouldn't be attending UOP (hence the word "ignorant" put in the title line).

EXAMPLE: There a hordes of National Universities (U.S. Univ. that rewards a full array of undergrad, graduate and doctorial degrees) that have VERY CHEAP but comprehensive online courses, for working adults, etc. Why do people spend good money to attend UOP online? Its a rip off for the TYPICAL person. (I've done UOP online and actual classroom work on their campus(es).
Classes from schools like Univ. North Dakota (very low cost online) can be completed as quickly as 4 weeks, and that credit xnsfers virtually to ANY university. UOP CREDIT DOES NOT!

2. THIS IS IMPORTANT. PAY ATTENTION!
UOP is good for one thing. (this is what smart people use UOP for). To simply get a piece of paper that allows you to TECHNICALLY say you have a degree, in order for you to get promoted, or go on to a graduate or professional school at a REAL university, where you can actually learn something.

Example: An undergraduate degree nowdays (if you want to make real money ($80,000 and up) isn't worth crap. So knowing that many professional schools (Law School, etc..) merely require a BA or BS, UOP is a good deal for someone who merely wants a diploma to satisfy the ''DEGREE REQUIREMENT'' for Law School, MBA, etc.(yes, I know you have to take the LSAT, been there done that).

b. Getting a degree fast from UOP could get a person promoted in the military, and looks good on enlisted performance reports (NCOER). The military doesn't really care where the credit comes from, obviously. (been there done that too).

c. You can take your NOT WORTH A DAMN uop degree, and get into a accelerated 1 yr. BSN (BS nursing) program, then sit for the NCLEX and become an RN with a strong nursing degree in 12 months! Why pay UOP prices for nursing, when they require you to be an RN before allowing you into the BSN prgm? Get your RN and BSN in one fell swoop! Go to a really, really good Anesthesia program (CRNA) graduate, and start at $80-$120,000 per annum. Am I joking? Print what I'm saying out, and ask any Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist or Physician.

3. UOP CREDIT DOES NOT READILY TRANSFER TO A LOT OF *REAL* UNIVERSITIES!

LOL.. oh come on people! You're killing me! Do you honestly believe what the staff at UOP tell you?
I'll tell you what they won't, and what some of you obviously don't know. You NEVER want to transfer credit from a school like UOP to a regular University (never!), because a LOT won't take UOP credit. UOP is too damn easy is why!

Example: Before I took my first class at UOP, I called University of Arizona and asked if UOP credit would transfer. The lady almost laughed in my ear and said, ''no, definitely not'' (this was several years ago). But once you get a DEGREE from UOP, then you can go to any Master's, Graduate or Professional program as long as you meet the prerequisites because you've met the DEGREE requirement! Start to see where UOP pays off for the smart folks ;) UOP is best used as a quick way to access programs at OTHER universities!

4. CAN'T GET A JOB WITH UOP DIPLOMA? I can't believe some guy was trying to get a job in finance on a UOP diploma. Rule of thumb people; If you're in a Business Administration or Finance Degree program that doesn't require at LEAST Business Calculus, THEN YOU'RE IN A BS PROGRAM! :)

EXAMPLE: K-State Universtity is a teir 4 school (one of many lowest or lower ranking schools). THEIR Business Admin. Degree requires Calc/trig. Doesn't THAT tell you something? UOP counselors will tell you a bunch of crap because they generally aren't an educated lot. I'm giving you the real deal.

It is horrible how many attend UOP and don't have the freaking common ass sense to put the UOP degree curriculum next to that of several National University(ies) curriculums of the same field-of-study and compare. That simple act would stop many prospective students dead in their tracks as they wonder ''why are universities x, y and z so much tougher? why do universities x, y and z require chemistry, physics, or calculus for their business AND computer science majors?

5. UOP has a SHAME I.T. program! OMG I can't believe the students that graduate and know NOTHING about real-world computing.

TEST: Ask UOP I.T. (Information Technology) grads to whip you up a web page using Dreamweaver or GOlive, create something from raw HTML, or replace a motherboard, or fix a data base and they'll absolutely BE LOST.

3 friends graduated UOP I.T. with honors and didn't know jack about computers! Thats a damn freaking shame! Fortunately they were taking the Cisco Course on the side and went on to get their Masters Degree at a *real* university.

Challenge to everyone:

Print out what I wrote above, and show it to a UOP administrators and see what reaction you get. *Ask the UOP people the hard questions! "does uop credit transfer to University of Arizona? Arizona State? Florida State? Penn State?

You know somethings wrong when UOP staff can't even tell you whether or not UOP credit will transfer to MAJOR universities IN THE SAME METRO AREA! That should have red lights and sirens going off in your heads people!!

THEN

Print out what I wrote and show it to administrators of State Universities and see what THEY say!!

Oh!! UOP kills me with the whole "we are the largest private u.." Oh heaven puhleeze! (remember your statistics people) What does THAT have anything to do with the quality of education? In fact, it means the INVERSE. They reason UOP is large is because its an EASY school to get a degree from. Hell, if Harvard, Columbia, C.I.T., Duke, and NYU were "easy" to graduate from, and had virtually no entry standards, and were as cheap as UOP (relatively speaking of course).. they'd be HUGE too!
Duh!

Unless you know what you're doing, and know your way around the various degree programs, DO NOT ATTEND UOP! Single mom? Work and can't attend traditional school and looking for a way to better yourself?

Do this:

1. Find a community college that is a feeder to a larger university that has the BS/BA that you want. Complete the AA/AS at that school online or in the classroom, and work your way up. You'll save tons of money.

2. Better yet, find a University that has tons of online programs and do courses online AND at the local community college (be sure the credits xnsfer) so you get done with a BS/BA in less than 2 years. BE SURE TO CLEP A LOT OF YOUR COURSES! It only costs $60 or so to take a 90min. exam! Study and CLEP everything you can!!
I completed 12 cr hrs. in five days by challenging exams and even more by CLEP! Ask the university/college about their exam challenging rules; get a copy of the rules and take advantage of them!!

3. Major ONLY in worth while majors of study. Engineering, Nursing, Chemistry = Worth while majors. English, History, Woman Studies = worthless (unless you want to be a starving teacher). This comes in handy if you want to upgrade your major. Its EASY for an engineer to become a teacher, not so easy the other way around. Do your homework, plan your life, BE SMART.

And stay away from UOP.

Yes, in this post there are sentence fragments, & prob. numerous misspelled and wrongly phrased. I'm confident however that you'll get through it, then over it ;)

Cordially

Ann
Newport News, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/21/2006 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-Of-Phoenix/Phoenix-Arizona-85069/University-Of-Phoenix-HUGE-RIP-OFF-for-ignorant-students-who-dont-know-how-to-take-ADVAN-212046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University Of Phoenix

Attendance at UOP on ground

AUTHOR: amy - (United States of America)

Dear Ann

You have lots of facts but stated one that is incorrect.  Ann's statement "I took Stats I and II at UOP and although I got an A- (docked for attendance because I missed several classes due to work)

You can only miss one class in a 5 or 6 weeks term and 2 in a 8 week term, otherwise the school terminates you from the class. So by stating you missed several you are not telling the truth somewhere.

I know for a personal fact that they remove you from the class if you miss more than the amount allowed. I had it happen to me and two others I know of. I had to repeat the course on my own dime. So if you missed several you would have failed and not earned a A- and had to repeat the class.

If you meant to say you missed 1 for a 5 or 6 week class  or 2 during a 8 week course, then you would not be lying other wise one lie makes all the other information you stated UNCREDITABLE.

Thanks

Amy

Many employers prereject University of Phoenix graduates

AUTHOR: hoapres - (USA)

Many employers won't prereject University of Phoenix graduates.  The degree won't be recognized by many if not most of the "high tech" companies.  Google, Facebook, Yahoo, etc. won't look at any school except the TOP 10.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

FACTS trump OPINION

AUTHOR: mrsrnelson - (United States of America)

I was once an employee of Apollo Group (mother company for University of Phoenix).  Though I am not totally pleased with my employment experience, I have a great appreciation for my educational experience.  University of Phoenix is not UOP, by the way --that would be University of the Pacific.  University of Phoenix is affectionately known as UoPX.  Now for the "education":

Cindy Wrote:
"Ann, You obviously did not do your homework! How dare you shoot from the hip when it comes to something as sensitive as this.."

Ann Responded:
((rolling my eyes)) Shoot from the hip? It is a fact that UOP credit WILL NOT transfer to a lot of national universities herein the U.S., to include University of Arizona! That is fact, and I've obviously done my "homework".

My Response:
I never understood why people feel the need to be demeaning and/or insulting others in an attempt to share information.  I promise not to do that.  Instead, I will use proper resources.

Ann, there is a reason why credits don't transfer from school to school, and it has to do with accreditation and school-type.  The Department of Education (DoE) is required to publish the list of nationally recognized accrediting agencies that selects schools based on the quality of education or training provided by the institutions of higher education and the higher education programs they accredit.  Solid accreditation in the U.S. is only that which is recognized by the DoE.  Institutional accreditation is either national or regional, and there is also specialized.  Credits obtained by any of them are not interchangeable (use this link for more info: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/FAQAccr.aspx).

Further, semester credits don't transfer evenly with quarter credits.  If a student wants to transfer credits, they should consider the type of accreditation their current school has, whether the home school uses semester or quarter hours, and choose a new school that is comparable in both areas.  The most favorable option is to start a school, attend that school, and graduate from that school...but if for some emergent reason, that's not possible, it makes more sense to attend a school that offers more options such as online or blended format courses.

*University of Phoenix is regionally accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission --which is recognized by the DoE.  University of Phoenix uses semester credits.  If you attend, your credits will transfer evenly to any school with the same accreditation that uses semester credits.
______________

Cindy stated:
"Do you know the concept behind distance education and the online environment? Do you know how UoP came into existence..."

Ann responded:
Cindy,you didn't pay attention in your UOP Critical Thinking class. What does the history of UOP have anything to do with UOPs ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE LEVEL? I'll tell you... absolutely nothing. You're getting emotional and its affecting your ability to give a quantitative and analytical rebuttal.

My response:
Ann, the history of UoPX has a lot to do with the academic performance level.  University of Phoenix is the pioneer of the online learning environment/distant learning and many other conveniences such as evening classes, flexible scheduling, continuous enrollment, a university-wide academic social network, online classes, a digital library and computer simulations.  The University has 20 years of experience in online education a kind of education that's research-proven to be just as effective as conventional instruction (use this link for more info: http://www.phoenix.edu/about_us/about_university_of_phoenix.html).  The academic performance level is much easier to obtain when modality and organizational tools are in place and have been in place for such a long time.  As an alumni, I can tell you that I've done plenty of research and navigated through many student web portals, and have not seen one more comprehensive, easy to use, advanced, and resourceful.  The onus of education is really on the student --the school is responsible for providing appropriate tools and resources.  Quality instructors, resource materials, and educational environment, which University of Phoenix adequately provides.  Also, the school would have lost it's accreditation if they did not continue to meet quality academic standards.

National University.

My response:
University of Phoenix IS easier.  Not because the courses are not challenging, or the material is a simple, elementary level.  It is easier because it is comprehensive, organized, and flows well.  For each course I attended, the syllabus was well-laid, I knew everything that was expected of me before the course started, and all of my tools were easily and readily available.  I understood the requirements and the course objectives.  The rules of the game were clear, and never changed.  I was expected to do hard work, but they made it as easy as possible to get done.  This is what made my educational experience "easy".  I think going to school SHOULD be this kind of easy!

Ann responded:
(((((sigh))))) You were traumatized by the Statistics course at UOP? I took Stats I and II at UOP and although I got an A- (docked for attendance because I missed several classes due to work) but still did very well on the exams. The stats class at UOP is a lot easier than taking it at most colleges here in the U.S.. I'm glad you got through stats (one of my favorite courses),but I think you lack real-world knowledge about quality education.

Please further explain what YOU consider to be "quality education".  For me, it has to do with how much I learn, how well I learn it, and whether I'm able to apply the information to my field of study.  What else is there?  I think some people look for their steak to be served on earthenware or bone china.  It's nice, but very expensive and highly unnecessary.  A filet mignon will taste relatively the same on paper plates.  For you, is quality education more about the quality of the meat, or the quality of the table service?

Ann responded::
You're wrong ma'am. I do have the right to say what I want about UOP basically as long as its not a lie. * I CHALLENGE you and or a UOP employee to dispute my FACTS. The word "real" wasn't used in the context of brick-and-mortar. I used the word "real university" in my original post, referring to universities and colleges in the U.S. that have met a reasonable standard of rigor.

My response:
I suppose I am the (former) UoPX employee that will dispute your opinion.  The fact is, the Department of Education recognizes University of Phoenix as a university in the U.S. that has met a more than reasonable standard of rigor.  They have a greater say-so in the matter than you or I.

Cindy stated:
"You advocate for online learning, but not for UoP? What is the difference? You're really not making any sense to me..."

Ann responded:
It doesn't make sense to you because you are seemingly having trouble comprehending my original post. Online learning is great, but *most* educators/professors will tell you that online credit from, University of Kansas, Colorado, California, Florida, Arizona, Oklahoma, etc., etc..will most likely transfer to other universities where credit from UOP in comparison, *more often DOES NOT*. Now... DISPUTE THAT FACT PLEASE.

Also,

**** Now... have a professor,

My response:
University of Phoenix is fully accredited.  That includes all modalities of learning.  The credits will  transfer to schools who are comparably regionally accredited, and EVENLY (all credits) transfer to schools that use semester credits.  Educators/Professors are NOT the authority on credit transfer.  That is determined by the school of choice.  Further, I'm not sure I understand why the conversation is more targeted towards transfers (which should only be done in emergencies), than towards graduating.  Being afraid of not being able to transfer speaks volume on intent, confidence, stability, and wherewithal.  It reminds me of people who are more concerned about all the information surrounding divorce before they get married.  Where are we going with this?  Let's focus more on graduating...that's what we start for, right?  University of Phoenix offers Associates, Bachelors, Masters, Doctorates, Certifications, and Individual Courses (the first three only requiring two years or less).  What else is there?

Cindy stated:
"You mention the incompetent level of 3 acquaintances...What you put in is what you walk away with. UoP requires you to have a place in which you would be able to practice your theories. They are big on that...If you don't they encourage you to find one...Nothing is hidden there. It's spelled out for all students."

My response:
According to those I talked to, the work at UoPX was often more rigorous.

Cindy stated:
"Clep, Clep, Clep! Talk about condencing!"

My response:
Why do you believe that "tougher" is "better"?  Also, UoPX encourages students to CLEP out of as many courses as possible.  This is encouraged as early as the enrollment process.

Ann stated:
point. The point is that UOP is generally regarded as an "easy" university.

My response:
I'm not understanding why you view "easy" is "bad".

Cindy stated:
"Here's my background: I live all the way out here on Guam. WHere the heck is Guam? Well, we have 1 Accredited University. I attended that univ. for my undergraduate courses. This univ. is behind on technological advances...I'm pleased that my options were open. UoP has afforded me with a state-of-the-art education. Don't think we're too far behind. Maybe we're at a disadvantage standpoint because I live on Guam. But one thing I know for sure is I'm grateful for what I walked away with from University of Phoenix-Online. Get with the program will you?"

Hmmm.. okay..

1. What was your major at UOP?

3. UOP offers a BS in Business Administration. Most good Business Administration and Finance Programs at other universities in the U.S., require the student take BUSINESS CALCULUS (or similar). Did you know that? When was the last time you consulted with ADMISSIONS or DEANS at other major U.S. Universities? I don't think you can find me a professor or dean that would disagree with what I've presented here.

Teir 1 schools often offer online classes too at a comperable price as UOP. . . but ya don't see too many UOP students taking online courses at those schools do ya? Why not? Harder? Entrance requirements more stringent? You're a college graduate, you give me your ACADEMIC opinion.

This is an excerpt from KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY's Business Administration Requirements. K-State is a TEIR 4 school in the U.S.. Even at first glance, even the average student realizes that the Quantitative Requirements are much tougher than at UOP.... again, this is a TEIR 4 SCHOOL !!!

Does UOP even teach Calculus ????? Does UOP teach its business administration students to manipulate data bases and spreadsheets? Puhleeze. UOP is a lot of "theory" but its students receive VERY LITTLE to make them competitive in the business world.

Quantitative MATH 100 College Algebra**

Any of the following can be substituted for CIS 101, 102, 103:

CIS 200 Fundamentals of Software Design

CIS 209 C Programming

CIS 210 Introduction to Construction Computer Programming

Lastly, yes.. I know where Guam is. I was going to be stationed there years ago, but requested Korea instead. Guam is a nice duty station. Congratulations on finishing your degree Cindy! Just don't be misguided nor offended
at the quality of education received at UOP.

My response:
One of the many benefits of distant learning:  You learn etiquette communication.  ;)

*Different types of educational experiences are available for different types of learners with different needs.  When doing a comparative analysis, it is important that you use like subjects.  For example, one should not attempt to compare Oprah's home to mine.  We do not have the same financial resources, we do not have the same social circle, and we do not have the same needs.  Is her house better than mine?  Well, I'm sure it's more expensive and has a much more glamorous content.  However, better is debatable.  It depends on how one defines better, and it depends on who you ask.  For those in my social circle, mine might be better because it perfectly fits my needs.  Oprah has far more house than one person ever needed, which means that when you think about it, it's excessive.  The bottom line is that we both have a comfortable abode, and the differences between the two should have never been compared.  University of Phoenix offers the an excellent educational experience --in it's class.

Victim of "process the bodies"

AUTHOR: hoapres - (USA)

You are a victim of "process the bodies", "process the students", "get them student loan dollars", etc.

You were sold a "bill of goods" with claims of transferable credits, a useful degree, etc.

Unfortunately as you found out the degree is worthless and I am surprised that ANY of your credits transferred.

YOU ARE WRONG!

AUTHOR: meagain183 - (United States of America)

I graduated with an Associates in Business from UOP in 2009. When I signed up for UOP I needed online schooling, and UOP was the only one that I had heard of. I was under the impression that UOP was actually fully accredited.

Before I signed up at UOP, I asked if my courses would be likely to transfer. The advisor said, "Yes! Most of your credits will transfor to major colleges if not all."

After doing research and cold calling companies, every single company I called said that they would throw away my resume or put me at the bottom of the pile to be even slightly considered for an interview because my degree was from UOP. I preceded in asking each company what the 5 main colleges they look for were, Penn State was one for most of the companies. Not wanting to go for a Bachelors degree I call Penn State and sign up for Penn State World (online, but same syllabus as PSU Main). I was shocked when I just found out that 36 out of 60 of my credits WILL NOT TRANSFER!! I did more research, and not one well known college or decent college would except any of these 36 credits!

I wish I could sue them for wasting 2 years of my life and thousands of dollars! I have to re-take 12 classes that I already took, because UOP is too easy and real colleges will not except these credits! SCAM!!! Because of UOP it will now take me an extra 5 years to receive my bachelors degree (I go to college pt because of kids and work). This is a total of 10 years because UOP only cares about money, not people like me, or people like you OR our educations. MONEY!

So, you're a manager at a company and want to move up, fine a UOP degree may help you. If you are someone who needs a degree to get your foot in the door like myself, UOP is a waste of time!

By the way, UOP is 100 times easier than PSU World. That should of been a sign!

#6 General Comment

Response

AUTHOR: Sunflwrgirl - (United States of America)

I have had a great experience with Axia and UOP.  I am so sorry you are very frustrated with
them.  I actually checked with University of Florida in Gainesville and they do accept the
credits from UOP. I even printed out the email from them.  It sounds like you are bitter about
something else that must have happened. I also received emails and telephone calls when I
had questions about financial aid or my courses. I agree the cost is very high for online
courses but it is a matter of convenience. I cannot speak for others but I do not go to school
online so I can cheat and say I have a B.S.Degree in Business. Some may do that but I actually
read all my chapters, ask questions, and participate when needed.  I have learned a lot and
I am not all upset about the choice I made to attend this school. Maybe you should try and
speak with someone else there instead of coming on this website and speaking like you are a deranged person.

ANN, oh Ann

AUTHOR: Music Rocks - (USA)

I bet Ann the OP probably couldnt even get into UOP.. dont they have an open admissions program. She sounds like some weird emo chic, just ranting and raving and finally saying yeah I can not spell, but you get over it. LMAO.

I suppose no one has any complaints about Brick and Mortar Schools. Oh yeah they are perfect.

Nurse!! Ann is out of her bed and on the computer again!!

#8 General Comment

Brick and Mortar Graduate School w/ UOP Bachelors

AUTHOR: Carol - (U.S.A.)

I just have to comment on the belief that once you GET a "degree" from somewhere like "University" of Phoenix or Kaplan "University", then you're good to go for admission into a brick-and-mortar, genuinely accredited institution.

First of all, you can surely apply: but that doesn't mean you're going to get in. Graduate school admission is selective: it's not like falling off a log. If there is one open spot and a choice has to be made between someone who graduated from "UOP" with a "4.0" GPA and someone who graduated from the University of NameAnyState with a 3.5 GPA, take a guess who will be admitted. Many schools require GRE Exams - which are a heck of a lot easier to do well on if you have received a quality undergraduate education. Which also speaks to STAYING in graduate school once you're admitted. If your undergraduate work hasn't been demanding, graduate school will be a very, big shock for you. A "C" in graduate school is as good as failing. In the humanities and social sciences, graduate school is very much about the ability to communicate orally; to discuss issues with your classmates. And as far as being admitted to an ABA-recognized law school with a degree from UOP? Medical School??? C'mon folks. Law schools and medical schools turn away hundreds of very bright people who graduated from very good colleges and universities and have wonderful LSAT/MCAT scores every year.

I am not talking "through my hat": I am a professor in the State University system in Connecticut and am in the process of unraveling the financial and academic mess my niece has made by pouring student loan and grant money into one of these two diploma mill places: which, doesn't matter. She's used valuable Pell Grants to "earn" credits that are virtually useless: and is over $20K in debt. And really no closer to bettering herself than when she began. She fell for the hard-sell that these for-profit places give you - and she thought she didn't have any other choices because she had no childcare for her young daughter. Had she checked, she would have discovered that her local community college has an on-site daycare facility as part of its Early Childhood Education program - almost free for students' kids. And the sad part about it is that if you need or want to go to school online, there are so many opportunities to so so AND get a real education. Charter Oak State College in Connecticut is a fully-accredited state institution: all online. So you could attend even if you lived in Guam.

You get what you put in...

AUTHOR: therealiststrikes - (United States of America)

I find that when a person does anything by themselves, you get what you put in. If you do shoddy work, you get shoddy results. Honestly, I am one of those people that is there to get the paper, and pass on to a J.D. degree. (It's cheaper than local schools.)

All colleges are nothing but a self-perpetuating and antequated business models, looking to line their pockets. The price you pay has nothing to do with what you learn from a college. I know people who have wasted $200,000 and are idiots.

Think about this for a moment. Cheeseburgers will make you fat if you eat them every day. If you buy them at some expensive restaurant or McDonalds, it doesn't matter. They will still make your ass just as fat. McDonald's might not taste as good, but they get their volume from the lower prices, so they grow.

Anyone that can read, which I learned in Kindergarten, should be qualified to spend years reading about a subject. That other colleges expect so much is likely to mitigate diversity, or possibly a ploy to engender exclusivity. Lastly, I have been in both regular and internet colleges, and I like that they leave me alone to do my work online. I also love that I save money on books and commuting.

CINDY, thats nice, BUT PLAIN AND SIMPLY YOU OR UOP CANNOT DISPUTE MY FACTS.

AUTHOR: Ann - (U.S.A.)

Cindy Wrote:

((rolling my eyes)) Shoot from the hip? It is a fact that UOP credit WILL NOT transfer to a lot of national universities here in the U.S., to include University of Arizona! That is fact, and I've obviously done my "homework".

Cindy, you didn't pay attention in your UOP Critical Thinking class. What does the history of UOP have anything to do with UOPs ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE LEVEL? I'll tell you... absolutely nothing. You're getting emotional and its affecting your ability to give a quantitative and analytical rebuttal.

"Well, let me give you a crash course before you go shooting your mouth again... Univ. of Phoenix is the brain child of a professor who saw ordinary people struggle to go to class, to physically go to class. He therefore offered another option for Professional Development...I am talking about people who actually have a life...I have four children and a full-time job. I want to progress. "

((sigh)) okaaay, and what does all of that have to do with the FACT that a UOP degree is a LOT easier to obtain, than degrees at MOST U.S. NATIONAL UNIVERSITIES TEIR 1-4? Don't give us a watered down history lesson of UOP, the business model of UOP as an Appollo Group entity is great.. after all it started as a huge money making cash cow, but for STUDENTS, University of Phoenix is a easy-breezy education for *most*, used simply as a stepping stone to a promotion at work, or a method to fast track to more advance degrees at a traditional National University.

"Progression was made possible for me and for thousands of others because of the hard work that we put into our studies. I had countless papers to produce, and I'm still traumatized by that Statistics course that I had to pass with a B minimum! The realworld scenarious presented during my online courses has taught me empathy and professionalism."

(((((sigh))))) You were traumatized by the Statistics course at UOP? I took Stats I and II at UOP and although I got an A- (docked for attendance because I missed several classes due to work) but still did very well on the exams. The stats class at UOP is a lot easier than taking it at most colleges here in the U.S.. I'm glad you got through stats (one of my favorite courses), but I think you lack real-world knowledge about quality education. There is NO WAY University of Phoenix would be considered higher than a Teir 4 school (the lowest teir)... check it out.

"I don't know where you get off second-guessing the effort that I put into my studies. I have made a number of sacrifices to obtain my Master's Degree. You have no authority to devalue that any less had I obtained my degree through a "Real" university. In this era of Information overload, a virtual classroom is the next best thing to sliced bread."

It doesn't make sense to you because you are seemingly having trouble comprehending my original post. Online learning is great, but *most* educators/professors will tell you that online credit from, University of Kansas, Colorado, California, Florida, Arizona, Oklahoma, etc., etc.. will most likely transfer to other universities where credit from UOP in comparison, *more often DOES NOT*. Now... DISPUTE THAT FACT PLEASE.

Also, *most* teir 1-2 graduate schools in the U.S., that consider the RIGOR of your undergraduate study(ies) as part of your application to their graduate school, DO NOT CONSIDER UOP A RIGOROUS institution of study... although they have to accept the degree if your competitive in the other aspects of your application.

**** Now... have a professor, admissions officer, or dean from A TEIR 1-2, U.S. NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, come to this forum and dispute that fact ! I CHALLENGE YOU :) In all fairness, have them leave their name, title and university in which the represent in the post so we know they're real.

Again, that has nothing to do with the rigor of the programs at UOP. An I.T. degree from UOP is a joke, plain and simple. Compare what you have to take at UOP, then compare what you have to take at a common U.S. National University and get back to me.

"Clep, Clep, Clep! Talk about condencing!"

You're killing me with your lack of comprehension. Go back and slowly read the original post, then pick it a part. Come back and tell me SPECIFICALLY what I said that wasn't true in regards to UOP. You can't do it. Face it, taking a challege exam in Algebra at a typical university is generally tougher academically, than taking algebra at UOP. Both are condensed, but one is generally tougher than the other. If you have ever done CLEP, then you know its generally harder to self study and CLEP, than going through a class at UOP. Any students out there want to dispute that fact? ... of course not, because folks who have clepped, know that its harder than taking a 1 night-per-wk class for 5 weeks, at UOP.

Again, you've missed the point of the entire original post. Whether or not UOP or CLEP is condensed isn't the point. The point is that UOP is generally regarded as an "easy" university.

Hmmm.. okay..

1. What was your major at UOP?

2. Find me a U.S. National University that offers your major with easier classes than UOP and post the course requirements in this forum. (you'll be hard pressed to find easier than UOP)

Quantitative

Any of the following can be substituted for CIS 101, 102, 103:
CIS 200 Fundamentals of Software Design
CIS 209 C Programming
CIS 210 Introduction to Construction Computer Programming

Congratulations on finishing your degree Cindy! Just don't be misguided nor offended at the quality of education received at UOP.

You must be kidding Me!

AUTHOR: Cindy - (Guam)

Ann,

You obviously did not do your homework! How dare you shoot from the hip when it comes to something as sensitive as this...

Well, let me give you a crash course before you go shooting your mouth again...

Clep, Clep, Clep! Talk about condencing!