Deegan

• Submitted: Sun, March 22, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, December 26, 2009

• Reported By:Dallas Texas
University Prep Center
4241 Jutland Drive, Suite 101 B San Diego, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 888-260-4306
  • Web:
  • Category: Tutoring

University Prep Center Univeristy Prep Center is selling useless information to unsuspecting consumers. San Diego California

*Consumer Comment: Customer questions UPC

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: University Prep Center questions this Report

Via a phone solicitor, I was sold a package of college prep materials. The University Prep Center said they would distill everything possible about the PSAT, SAT and ACT in order to help my child score higher on these tests. I was told there was a money back guarantee if my child didn't score higher on the SAT and ACT after using the University Prep Center materials.

The information sent to me for $129.95 was practically useless. And certainly nothing more than general information and a few practice questions that could be found on the internet for free. This company should be investigated for misleading offers, deceptive advertising, and fraud.

When I called to get a return authorization, I was informed that I only had 30 days to return the materials. I did finally find the clause that said there was only a 30 return policy, but that information was buried among all the materials. In addition, I happened to call on day 31.

The customer service representative I talked to was quite rude. And insisted since I had called on day 31 there was nothing she could or would do for me. When I asked to speak to a supervisor she refused my request and shortly thereafter terminated the phone call when I keep insisting I wanted to talk to a supervisor.

Mary ****
Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2009 01:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-Prep-Center/San-Diego-California-92117/University-Prep-Center-Univeristy-Prep-Center-is-selling-useless-information-to-unsuspecti-436512. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University Prep Center

Customer questions UPC

AUTHOR: KJ - (United States of America)

Mary doesn't have to be her real name, nor Dallas her area of residence. Maybe these were used to protect her identity.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

University Prep Center questions this Report

AUTHOR: UPC - (USA)

This report was filed by an employee of a competitor. We can prove this because we sell our products for $199.95, NOT the $129.95 as stated in the fake report. This report was posted in March of 2009, but we have been selling our product for $199.95 for nearly 15 months!!!!

In addition, we have been informed from a private party that this and other damaging reports have been posted by one of our local competitors.

Also, we offer 45 days from the date of purchase, for our customers to return the materials for a full refund. Finally, we have no record of a "Mary" in Dallas as ever purchasing our materials period, let alone in or about March of 2009.

We ask that any potential customer out there visit our website for a complete breakdown of our products pricing, content, and policies. We are here to help students and their parents.