Complaint Review: University of Phoenix Online

• Submitted: Mon, September 03, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, September 03, 2012

• Reported By: AmadMama — Bloomfield Kentucky United States of America
University of Phoenix Online

University of Phoenix Online AXIA Paying for materials that I am unable to access when downloaded. Internet

I have been a student with the University of Phoenix online for quite sometime. I asked that I recieve a printed book at the beginning of my courses because it is easier for me to complete assignments and courses this way. Since I already paid $90 per book I did not see it being a big deal. Instead I am told to download and print the book from my own computer. First of all I do not have some huge external memory to download and hold all of these books on my computer, second if I went to the library and printed a 636 page book at $.10 a page I would have to pay $63.60 for a book that I have already paid $90 for. What is the sense in that? When I downloaded the book to my computer I figured I could save it and download a copy to a disk so I could take it with me to work or where ever I have computer access. Nope it can not be done. Upon downloading the book I found I have a bunch of encrypted codes and the chapters are not complete. I also found that if I am not connected to the internet I can not even view the material because I can not "verify and sign" a page stating it is a protected document.

So then my big question is why am I being charged an outrageous $90 for a book that I can not have? I have paid for 6 courses already, one of which used the same book but I had to pay $90 both times for. The community colleges in my state send a print book at no extra cost to online students to aid them in their courses, UofP is a for-profit school and makes more than enough money to send it's students out a book at the beginning of a class so why the rip off?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2012 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-of-Phoenix-Online/internet/University-of-Phoenix-Online-AXIA-Paying-for-materials-that-I-am-unable-to-access-when-do-936287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University of Phoenix Online