Complaint Review: University of Phoenix Online

• Submitted: Thu, July 19, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, July 19, 2012

• Reported By: Tierra — Frederick Maryland United States of America
University of Phoenix Online

University of Phoenix Online Axia College Do Not Attend University of Phoenix/ Axia College you will Owe Money( Financial Aid Will Screw You and Academic Adivsor Will Too) Internet

*UPDATE Employee: University of Phoenix

I attended University of Phoenix Axia College. I received 12 credits, was starting the next semester, I I was in my last week of class in one class and got dropped with a passing grade in the last week of class stating, I didn't meet attendance and in my second class I was dropped at two weeks from class completion with a email stating I didn't meet attendance with a passing grade. I contacted my advisor about this and said how can I be dropped with only two weeks of class left and my grades are passing. His excuse was oh the system automatically drops you even if your grades are good. The advisor told me the only way you would get dropped is if you miss three consecutive weeks in a row. I never missed three consecutive weeks in a row I told him, he stated oh I thought you understood if you miss attendance three times you auto drop. For one that is a rip off because thing could come up where you may not be able to attend and that is the purpose of taking online courses so you can have the flexibility of not being in the classroom and working at your pace. I have attended school online and never has this ever been an issue. So after all that I spoke to my financial aid advisor which lied as well, stating I would owe anything because I completed the whole class basically before being dropped. Now every colleg I have attended if you complete more than 60 percent of your classes they keep your money for the class. Well, they decide they were going to keep money for one and send money back and leave the other class unpaid, which I know they were doing it out of smartness because I said I no longer wnted to attend Uop ecampus anymore because of the whole dropping situation. An I have found out that they are doing all there ecampus students like this, some aren't graduating getting down to there last class and not being able to graduate because financial aid messed something up and saying they owe money. I applied for my official transcripts before the dilemma of me supposedly owing them money and they never sent them because they knew they were going to do this to me, to prevent you from going to another school, or if you do go to another school you have to start all over. I even heard that there not even accreditted and other schools will not take there credits. All I know is this school is about taking your money and this school had a lawsuit against them already for financial aid doing scandalous stuff with there students financial aid. I should have never went to this school. Don't Do it people you will waste time and money and if there not getting your stafford loan money anymore because you want to transfer your credits they will make sure you owe them so you can't transfer any credits. Beware of this schools and it treachery, Uop is not to be trusted. I am going to a real school now whether I have to start over or not.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2012 06:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-of-Phoenix-Online/internet/University-of-Phoenix-Online-Axia-College-Do-Not-Attend-University-of-Phoenix-Axia-Colleg-914283. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University of Phoenix Online

University of Phoenix

AUTHOR: Uofphoenix - (U.S.A.)

Hello:

Please understand that the University has attendance requirements which must be met in order to remain in class. These requirements also have financial aid implications. If you believe you were dropped from the class erroneously, I encourage you to contact me at libby.bailey@phoenix.edu so that I can help you file a formal grievance.

- Libby Bailey, Dispute Operations Manager