Complaint Review: University of Phoenix

• Updated: Wed, November 10, 2010

• Reported By: LaTisha — Sandy Springs Georgia United States of America
University of Phoenix
4615 East Elwood Street Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

University of Phoenix The University of Phoenix applied for a loan in my name WITHOUT my consent!!! Phoenix, Arizona

*General Comment: Research Assistance

On Tuesday, July 20, 2010, I was informed by Direct Loans that the initial rejection for my Grad PLUS loan application was overturned and that I would be receiving the funds.  I have been consistently and constantly following up with my financial advisor, Rachelle Carbajal, to ensure that everything is on track for me to receive the funds.  The Grad PLUS funds were still not intact when it was time for me to attend the residency in Va. on September 1st.  Since the Grad PLUS funds were not there, Darlene Anderson gave me a $1,500 advance on my upcoming Grad PLUS funds.

From there, I was told by Rachelle that my Grad PLUS funds would be on my account by the time I returned from the residency.  When I returned, my funds still were not there.  I followed up again with Rachelle on a consistent basis and she ensured me that everything was on track.  After no results, I began speaking with Darlene Anderson.  She escalated the situation and told me that the delay in funds was due to the system not recognizing me as a currently enrolled student at UOP.  This was about 3 weeks ago.

I then spoke to Rachelle who told me that my Grad PLUS loan funds were being requested on October 26, 2010 and that it would take 3-5 business days for the funds to post to my student account.  Today, I called the financial aid processing center and they informed me that the funds were requested from Direct Loans but they had not received a response.  The representative gave me the number to Direct Loans and I called them today, November 2, 2010 to inquire about the funds release.  They told me that I no longer have a loan with them and will have to submit another appeal as the initial appeal done in July has expired.

I also received two letters in the mail from Direct Loans in October of 2010 stating that my application for a Grad PLUS loan was denied (I have faxed a copy over to James).  I asked Rachelle what those letters meant and she told me to disregard them; however, Direct Loans informed me that there have been recent applications for a Grad PLUS loan made on my behalf.  This is where the confusion deepens...As a student, I did not reapply for a Grad PLUS loan that I was told was already there and waiting for me.  My frustration is with my financial advisor and feeling as if my needs were not met and my loan funds were left to diminish.  Also, I am very upset at the thought of someone at UOP violating my rights and reapplying for a loan WITHOUT my consent.  As a learner, I am very frustrated with this process and am seeking an immediate resolution to this problem.

I WANT TO KNOW WHO AT THE UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX APPLIED FOR A LOAN IN MY NAME WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2010 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-of-Phoenix/Phoenix-Arizona-85040/University-of-Phoenix-The-University-of-Phoenix-applied-for-a-loan-in-my-name-WITHOUT-my-658038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University of Phoenix

#1 General Comment

Research Assistance

AUTHOR: Ecooper - (USA)

We are researching t his industry and we are hoping you might contact us.

E-mail: (((REDACTED)))