Complaint Review: University of Phoenix

• Updated: Wed, January 30, 2013

• Reported By: Carie — Roy Utah United States of America
University of Phoenix
1625 W Fountainhead Parkway Tempe, Arizona United States of America

University of Phoenix Apollo Group Lied to me about value of their overpriced degree and got me in a financial mess Tempe, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Selling dreams

University of Phoenix, who is under Apollo Group LIED to me about the value of their degree. They seriously overcharged me for the education I received. I actually didn't learn anything in their programs.

Now because of them and their lying to me I have over 100K in student loan debt and can't make enough to pay my student loans or live and employers laugh in my face when I tell them I went to UOP.

I graduated ten years ago with my "Bachelor's in Accounting" and have yet to find a decent accounting job, they PROMISED me if I took their Accounting program it would prepare me for the CPA exam (it did NOT) and that I would be offered a new job after graduating paying over 60,000 a year! Another lie, I have yet to even make $36,000 with their degree.  THEN they "sold" me their MBA which is a joke. It doesn't get into upper level 600 and 700 courses like normal universities AND there is no thesis required to graduate.

UOP has ruined my life. I will NEVER get out of the student loan debt they coerced me into getting into. I will NEVER get a better job because my credit sucks thanks to them creating all this loan debt which they never really dicsussed or disclosed to me. Every six months when they got a disbursement of funds they also told me that I had a refund. I found out after the fact all those "refunds" were more debt.

UOP needs to be sued and closed down and anyone who got an education need to be relieved of all financial liability for student loans. If you didn't really earn a degree,  you should not have to pay!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/29/2013 12:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-of-Phoenix/Tempe-Arizona-85282/University-of-Phoenix-Apollo-Group-Lied-to-me-about-value-of-their-overpriced-degree-and-g-1005507. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University of Phoenix

Selling dreams

AUTHOR: Not a Phoenix - (United States of America)

Yep. You about summed it all up. University of Phoenix will arrange for you to borrow thousands of government dollars and then fleece you for every dime of it. It's what they do. Sorry you had to learn the hard way.