Complaint Review: University of Phoenix

• Updated: Fri, September 13, 2013

• Reported By: Disappointed — Washington
University of Phoenix
1625 West Fountainhead Parkway Tempe, Washington USA

University of Phoenix The Apollo Group University of Phoenix Financial Aid Complaint Tempe Washington

*Consumer Comment: Similar issue here

I have been attending the University of Phoenix on-line since July 29, 2013.  I am receiving grants and loans.  I borrowed more than the school amount because I needed extra cash because I am not working.  Since attending the University I have had nothing but problems receiving my student loan refund.  My financial aid advisors have changed three times. In the beginning I was told by Ana my first financial aid advisor that once my classes were paid for I would receive my portion of the unused funds by the end of August, that did not happen.  When I called Ana again her number was disconnected, and she had left the company.  The next advisior was Jason who told me that my student refund would be direct deposited to my account the first week of September.   That did not happen either.  Now Jason is gone, big surprise.   I called for the twentieth time (yes I am keeping a record of my calls) on September 9, 2013 and spoke with Andrew who is the third financial aid advisor assigned to me.  Andrew said that he sent my file in to be re-certified because my first advisor Ana did not complete the paper work right, and my financial aid account was in a pending status.  Andrew said he asked for the file to be expedited, but it could take up to 30 to 60 days (I was told this before) to process.  I have never had trouble with a financial aid department like I have with University of Phoenix.  Because of the University of Phoenix and their incompetent financial aid advisors, I am having to wait for my money.   I am starting to believe all the other complaints against this University.  I am going to complete my degree, and go to another University for my Bachelors degree.  I would not recommend this University to my enemy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2013 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-of-Phoenix/Tempe-Washington-85282/University-of-Phoenix-The-Apollo-Group-University-of-Phoenix-Financial-Aid-Complaint-Temp-1084381. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University of Phoenix

Similar issue here

AUTHOR: Greg G. - ()

I thought I was the only person something similar to this happened to.  I agree with you that their financial aid is a total mess.  Sometimes I think I would've been better off going to a community college.

I hope you were able to get your money in the end.

printed