Complaint Review: University of Phoenix

• Updated: Fri, January 28, 2011

• Reported By: kahy — branson west Missouri United States of America
University of Phoenix
po box 2324, branson west, Missouri United States of America

University of Phoenix they quoted a total different amount of what the course would cost me which ended up being three times more branson west, Missouri

*UPDATE Employee: Office of Dispute Management

Nummber One they do not want acomplaint unless it is in their exact format!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I first searched for possiblities of oneline schooling, The Univeristy of Phonenix kept being the first one.The enrollment counselor contacted me via cell phone for over two weeks. The counselor and I talked about this for over two weeks because of this costl Finally the enrollment counselor gave me a cost of a definate fee of $7500 for the entire program. Nothing said about what the cost per credit hour would be.

Now that I have acquired my degree I have realized that my degree has cost me over $17,000. If I have known this from the beginning I would not have done so because I simply cannot afford to work for the next 10 years to pay it off. I feel that I was very much misrepresented on how to get grants or loans or what ever because when applying. I was never advised of what Imay have qualified for oranything especially being over 50 and making under $25,000 a year. My financial counselor was never available to help becauseshe herself was enrolled attending college. I know that I should have checked on this but I was to engrossed on making sure that I did the requirements of the online schooling that they required. Which by the way is very time consuming and stressful. Instructors aren't always available when needed andalso are very selective.

Also during this time afer reviewing all mycosts, that the tuition increasedtwice. FOR WHAT!!.. Online is the least expensive way to go.

I feel that I was very much deceived by this University has they have just made their name very fast and they do not provide the online service that they claim to say.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2011 06:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-of-Phoenix/branson-west-Missouri-65737/University-of-Phoenix-they-quoted-a-total-different-amount-of-what-the-course-would-cost-685972. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University of Phoenix

Office of Dispute Management

AUTHOR: Uofphoenix - (U.S.A.)

Hello there,

I am sorry that you feel you were deceived. If you would like to file a formal grievance, I encourage you to contact the University's Office of Dispute Management. They can be reached by email at [email protected] or 602-557-5566.

Kind regards,