Complaint Review: University of Phoenix

• Submitted: Mon, January 17, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, January 17, 2011

• Reported By: Jean — Del City Oklahoma U.S.A.
University of Phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona Internet United States of America

University of Phoenix Appollo Group Illegal collections - damaging credit - harrassment Internet

I have every piece of documentation and email exchange that demonstrates the illegal practices of the UOP financial aid.

I was enrolled in a Doctorate of Healthcare Administration degree course. I completed all the class work my payments were current and I transfered to pursue a psychology degree. The university completed approved and allowed me to exit the university sending my transcripts to the university I now attend - then six months after all was said and done they began to harrass me to retake a class that I passed saying I did not meet their requirements. I told them I no longer attended the university and would not pay out of pocket to take a class I did not need.

The collections ensued ruining my credit - the collection agency lost a settlement for harrassment and I received full compensation, The UOP just turned around and got another collection agency to resume the same collection tactics they say they will NOT stop until I have completed paid for this course and do not care if I take the course or not.

This will be endless and I would like to join any class action suit in progress to get them out of my credit, off my back and return their financial aide for a horrific education to the federal government. Jean Wood (((ROR redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2011 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-of-Phoenix/internet/University-of-Phoenix-Appollo-Group-Illegal-collections-damaging-credit-harrassment-I-683553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University of Phoenix