Complaint Review: University of Phoenix

• Submitted: Wed, December 07, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, January 08, 2012

• Reported By: kladams48 — Lubbock Texas United States of America
University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix Promised the world and gave me the parking lot... Ripped off my education Internet

*General Comment: Thousands of jobs available

*Consumer Comment: You are worth as much as your degree - NOTHING

I am a graduate of University of Phoenix online. I graduated in 2008 with a Bachelors of Science in Health Care Administration. It has been three long trying years and I am still unemployed in my field. In fact, I am having trouble finding a job that will pay me what I am worth with my new degree. I have over 60,000 in students loans and I cant pay them.

I went to a job fair in my community a few weeks ago and started asking direct questions of recruiters with hospitals and long term care facilities .... " By looking at my resume and my educational background what would be the reason I would have trouble being hired?" I was shocked at what I learned. I was told by all of them that I needed a license and or a certification and should have been in an internship with someone for six months or more before testing for the license or cert. Well color me surprised

Not one time ever in the two and a half years before I graduated from the University of Phoenix was I informed of this fact. It was not even in the course requirements. Without this training or internship my degree is worthless... Yet I owe for my loans.

How am I to get this license when I am no longer associated with a college or university? How can an institution of higher learning do this to its students. I believe they owe me and others like me a helping hand to fix this kind of situation. I believe they should stand by what they teach as ethics and make this right.

If not I dont know how I can pay for something I truly didnt recieve.... My education!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2011 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-of-Phoenix/internet/University-of-Phoenix-Promised-the-world-and-gave-me-the-parking-lot-Ripped-off-my-edu-806262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University of Phoenix

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

A job ad is not necessairly a job.

Most job ads on bulletin boards such as Dice, Indeed, Careerbuilder are fake due to companies "broadcast"

A broadcast is when a company uses mulitple agencies for a single job.  If a company uses 10 agencies for a single job and each agency advertises on the same bulletin board then said bulletin board counts that as 10 jobs.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#4 General Comment

Thousands of jobs available

AUTHOR: Man from Modesto - (United States of America)

I just looked on careerbuilder.com (1-6-12), and searched "health care administration". This produced 8,148 jobs. 5,488 of these are in health care.

I clicked on the first two. Both mentioned that an LNHA is "preferred". So, keep your courage up, keep looking. When I moved to Georgia several years ago, I made job searching my "job". I arrived at the unemployment center each day by 8 am and searched for jobs in their database, and applied for them. It took a month before my first interviews. But, I began working after just two months.

I said a prayer for you. Peace.

Requirements
An Assisted Living Executive Director for our organization must exhibit the ability to interact in a professional, caring and positive manner. You must also have a strong commitment and ability to adhere to company values and policies.

Additional requirements include:

4 year college degree or related healthcare administration degree
OR a minimum of 3 years executive administrative management experience in a senior living or assisted care facility
LNHA (licensed nursing home administrator) preferred
Ability to be flexible with scheduling
Strong organizational skills

You are worth as much as your degree - NOTHING

AUTHOR: Rabbi Pedro Goldstein - (U.S.A.)

How stupid are you? The University of Phoenix is a well known SCAM. It is obvious that you must be borderline retarded or you never would have signed all those student loan papers in the first place.