Complaint Review: University of Phoenix

• Updated: Fri, February 11, 2011

• Reported By: Shirley — Tacoma Washington United States of America
University of Phoenix

University of Phoenix UofP, UoP Pell Grant funds misappropriation Internet

I was told I would receive my Pell Grant funds as early as last Sept. of 2010.  I was told I would receive them in Dec. 2010.  In January 2011 I was told I would receive them after my current class ended.  That was Feb. 1, 2011, and now I am being told that I am not going to receive my funds because I didn't report to class for 29 days.  I passed that class, it ended on Jan. 31, 2011.  UoP has jerked me around with my classes, making me take additional classes because the program I was enrolled in was not longer available.  It's available now, but I am one class from graduating from "the other Program".

I can't transfer my credits to any other college.  I would never recommend University of Phoenix to anyone, not even my worst enemy.  I think I have taken out student loans that would have paid for a bachelors degree as well as a masters.  I have paid through the nose, and every other part of my body for this so called education and degree.  Now they have me over a sharp stick.  I would sue if I thought it would help.  Someone should stop these people.  They take advantage of students and make $$$ holding their funds for interest income.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2011 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-of-Phoenix/internet/University-of-Phoenix-UofP-UoP-Pell-Grant-funds-misappropriation-Internet-694305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University of Phoenix