crucial

Complaint Review: University of Phoenix

• Submitted: Thu, January 31, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, February 05, 2013

• Reported By: Stephanie — Brooklyn New York U.S.A.
University of Phoenix
3157 E. Elwood phoenix, Arizona United States of America

University of Phoenix Fraud Rip Off Scam phoenix, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Office of Dispute Management

I signed up with the UoP back in 2009, originally I called to just inquire information and was kind of pushed into this.  At the time I was told to apply for Financial Aid as well as fill out paper work for a loan from Wachovia Bank.  I wanted to wait for the Financial Aid to be approved but the loan came in first.

I attended the school for a little bit over 2 months and then just dropped out other than finding out this degree would be of no use in my State, I was going for Early Education and I asked if the Degree would be good in my State and was told immediately yes.  Soon after doing a bit of research I found that my State does not accept this degree.  The classes didnt seem to deal with early education.

Since then, I have had bad credit due to this school.  I am in the process of disputing the fees that they are claiming to charge me.  The course cost $2210.00 they received $1750.00 from the Loaner (in which I am paying off as of now) University of Phoenix is trying to tell me I owe them $1105.00.  I have been back and forth with one of their Financial Adviser's for over a week now and from the beginning I have been circled talked.  They keep coming up with these crazy fees.  they sent me a screen shot of how much I "owe" and on the screen shot in which I have in an email clearly states $229.69 owed by the Student, but when I do the math, the fees of the course and what they received from the lender I get a balance of $460.00.  They claim to have sent me in 2010 306.25 that was excess money which I never sent a dime to them and now they are telling me I owe that 306.25 on top of the 229.69 and some how come up with an amount of $1105.00.

I am not going to pay them 1105.00 on top of paying the lender back $1750.00.  That is more than the actual course fee itself.  I have been trying to make them understand but I think I am going to look into an attorney.

Any advise legal or from a former student who has been through this please feel free to comment.

i do not recommend them to anyone and I am now trying to just clear this off of my credit report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2013 02:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/University-of-Phoenix/phoenix-Arizona-85034/University-of-Phoenix-Fraud-Rip-Off-Scam-phoenix-Arizona-1006816. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on University of Phoenix

Office of Dispute Management

AUTHOR: Uofphoenix - (U.S.A.)

Hello:

I'm sorry to hear you're upset. If you believe your balance is inaccurate, I would be happy to assist you with filing a formal grievance. Please contact me at libby.bailey@phoenix.edu for assistance.

Libby Bailey, Dispute Operations Manager