Complaint Review: Uniway of Columbia

• Updated: Thu, March 29, 2012

• Reported By: Eric — Dalzell South Carolina United States of America
Uniway of Columbia
1076 Sunset Boulevard West Columbia,, South Carolina United States of America

Uniway of Columbia Lied about how and when the service could be used. (they are lying theives) West Columbia,, South Carolina

After a 2 hour "tour" with "free" gifts, that were all but worthless, and a very assertive salesperson, I am officially a member of Uniway of Columbia.  After a few months of paying their Contract payment I called to ask if I could get out of the contract, that I thought it was a rip off and I was taking advantage of at the time of the tour.  The salesperson told me that if i walked out the door that i wouldn't be able to get this offer again.  It was a now or never deal.  About the time that I was suckered into this contract is when the economy was taking a big hit.  I am a self employed contractor and work got very slow.  I called Uniway again about dismissing the agreement and they said once again, No, its a binding contract and if you dont pay it, we will turn you over to collections and it will go on your credit report.  They did however, lower my monthly payment.  But, i found out a few months later, that i could not even use the service because they lowered my payments, I was considered behind or late on my payments.  Is there a way to legally get out of this contract??

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2012 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Uniway-of-Columbia/-West-Columbia-South-Carolina-29169/Uniway-of-Columbia-Lied-about-how-and-when-the-service-could-be-used-they-are-lying-th-860847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Uniway of Columbia