Complaint Review: Unknown Company

• Updated: Thu, July 25, 2013

• Reported By: Brian — Ewa Beach Hawaii
Unknown Company
, Select State/Province USA

Unknown Company Caller claims to be Ben, Supervisor claims to be Mr. Johnson scam loan court Nationwide

Got a call from this number on my way out the door. Caller claimed to be "Ben" from an unspecified legal department. (He sounded N. Indian/S. Pakistani) He verified my identity with my full name, employer, and full SSN.

He said that there is a pending legal action against me and asked if I knew anything about it. Of course I didn't so I said "no." He asks if I've been contacted by my local police department and I said "no." Once again he asked if I had no knowledge of a pending legal action and again I said "no."

He then gets his supervisor, "Mr. Johnson," (who miraculously was on the line in seconds and also had a Texas accent) and he also asks me if I have any knowledge of a pending legal action. After I told him I didn't, he starts telling me that I took a loan from a online loan company (he never mentioned a name) and that the money was posted to my account, and on the day the money was to be paid, my account had insufficient funds.

He asked me "What happened? Did you just not have the money, which we understand, or did you just think that you could keep the money without paying it back?" I told him I have never applied for an online loan and if there is one in my name it's fraudulent.

He then says something to the effect of "Well, it's in your name tied to the information you verified so it is clearly you who took the loan. We sent you e-mails that the payment couldn't be completed and it looks like you just ignored them." I replied with "I haven't taken a loan from anyone nor received any emails, can you tell me via what email address you attempted to contact me?"

Then Ben jumps back on the line and says something like "Do you want to go to court? Do you want to get subpoenaed? You want to get lawyers involved?" I told him "Yes! Go ahead! I know I can prove that I never applied, you never emailed me, and that none of my accounts received any money from anyone other than my employer." After I said this I heard Mr. Johnson hang up, then Ben told me "f*** you, motherf***er, f*** you!" so I hung up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2013 11:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Unknown-Company/Select-StateProvince/Unknown-Company-Caller-claims-to-be-Ben-Supervisor-claims-to-be-Mr-Johnson-scam-loan-co-1070032. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Unknown Company