Complaint Review: Unknown collection

• Submitted: Wed, November 07, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 07, 2012

• Reported By: Dorian — houston Texas U.S.A.
Unknown collection
Memphis Tennessee memphis, Tennessee United States of America

Unknown collection called myself, and my mother, making threats of prosecution for a bad check written in 2008, from an account that was closed since early 2000's submitted to a check n go place memphis , Tennessee

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact Check N Go Collections Dept or Facebook page

This number had called me a few times, then I get a call from my mother that they had called her.

I call them this morning, and ask what it is about. Apparently I had written a check to check n go and it was returned, in 2008. I had to pay 1000.00 and something before 11 am or they were going to prosecute me to the highest extent in Pennsylvania. I tried to tell him that I hadn't had an account with Wachovia for more than 10 years, and i sure do not have any checks left from them, where was the check cashed at, when, and if they had cameras to capture. he refused to answer any of my questions and just told me I would go to prison for at least 90 days for Fraud. I also tried to tell him my ex husband had done this before, and I was not about to just hand over a grand to some random person on the phone, I had never received documentation, and I needed proof that this existed, I wanted documentation sent to me, and he refused.  he said he was going to go ahead and file the charges, I said fine. he told me good luck and hung up.

First time I called, I swear he told me his name was Troy. when I called back, he swore his name was Tom lloyd.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2012 11:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Unknown-collection/memphis-Tennessee-/Unknown-collection-called-myself-and-my-mother-making-threats-of-prosecution-for-a-bad-965940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Unknown collection

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Contact Check N Go Collections Dept or Facebook page

AUTHOR: Paula - (USA)

I was just reading your complaints.  I wanted to ask have you contact Check N Go Customer Service Representative by phone to see if the 6ou or your mom really have a debt or balance with the company. I do want to suggest you contact Check 'n Go Collection Dept you can also contact the company through their Facebook page. Don't give this individual any personal or bank information it might possibly be a scam.