Complaint Review

1-888-924-4787
Category:
Internet Fraud

Unlockunit.com Unlock Unit Unlock phones by IMEI code Bacaue Internet Romania

I want to report a terrible experiencie with UnlockUnit.com, a website that it is now clear to me is devoted to deceive unsuspecting customer to pay for IMEI codes in order to unlock their cellphones, without ever intending to provide the service. I placed two orders almost simultaneously, on January 21, 2014. One was for the unlocking of a Galaxy S4, and another for a Blackberry Z30, both from the Mexican carrier Telcel. For the Galaxy S4, although they promised an unlock code after 12 hours, I had to spend a week exchanging a few emails with their "customer support team", and then I got the following answer:

"I'm sorry but we could not find an unlock code for your phone in the Telcel database. There is a second option: to search for the code with the general Samsung supplier. This second option costs $34.99 and it takes between 1 and 12 hours. Please let me know if you want to go with the second option (and pay the difference of $10) or if you want me to send you a refund of your payment." I opted to get the refund, and almost three weeks after that I am still waiting. At first, their customer and support service assured me the refund was on the way; after blaming unspecified "problems" and "delays", they stopped answering altogether.

For the Z30 it was even worse, as I was told they were not able to unlock the phone, and I was promised a refund as well. Needless to say, I am still waiting.

After entering a complaint on their support system, I got the following email, supposedly from one of the founders:

"Hi,

My name is Gabriela, I'm co-founder of UnlockUnit.com. I noticed that you've tried to place an order with us and I would like to ask if you'd be so kind to tell me what went wrong. We're constantly striving to improve our service and it would be very helpful for us to know the reason why you haven't completed the order with us.

Thank you very much for your kindness!

P.S: If you place an order with us you will get 50% of your money back! All you have to do is to make a video recording of your phone while you insert the unlock code and upload it on youtube. Send us the link and we’ll refund 50% of your payment. As easy as that!

Best regards,

Gabriela
Co-founder UnlockUnit"

After explaining that I wanted to get a refund on two existing orders, I haven't heard back. So for me the lesson is clear, the website is a scam and the more people know about it, the better.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2014 11:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Unlockunitcom/Bacaue-Select-StateProvince-601010/Unlockunitcom-Unlock-Unit-Unlock-phones-by-IMEI-code-Bacaue-Internet-Romania-1123567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Unlockunit.com