Complaint Review: Unsecured Loans

• Submitted: Fri, May 11, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, May 11, 2012

• Reported By: disgusted — Jefferson City Missouri United States of America
Unsecured Loans

Unsecured Loans They took $499, promised me a $10,000 business loan and now I don't have either Internet

*Consumer Comment: Illegal

I talked to Wayne and told him I needed a small business loan.  My credit score was too low so I told him my daughter would co-sign.  I told him her credit score and he said I was guaranteed a $10000 loan in 7-10 days and they would expedite the paperwork so it should only be a few days and my payments would be less than $150 a month, all I had to do was let them debit my account for $499 for processing fees.  In desperate need of the funds, I let them debit my account.  Then I was referred to Isabella.  I told her what Wayne had said and she said it would take 7-10 business days and Wayne should not have told me they could hurry it along because they can't.  Then she told me they would give my name to their 5000+ lenders and they would be calling me.  I called one day to check on my loan status and I talked to a man that told me Isabella was not in but he had a desk next to her and had heard our conversation and he would help me.  He said they needed to coach me on what to say when lenders called me because they were telling different lenders different reasons why I needed the loan and they needed to tell me what to say to each lender.   I told him Wayne said I was already approved and he said I wasn't.  After they got my money their attitudes and tone of voice changed.  They weren't so nice anymore.  Springleaf called my daughter (since she was co-signing) and denied her because she had too many student loans.  It didn't matter what her score was.  This was after Wayne told me she was guaranteed to get the loan.  I told her not to answer anymore calls from their lenders because everytime they call they do a credit check and that's going to bring her credit score down.  So, now I'm out $499 and a loan that i needed.  I am so disgusted that people can get away with this kind of thing.  I work three jobs trying to make ends meet and I don't have money to throw away.  It's sickening that they can sit there and collect money by lying to people and there are no consequences.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2012 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Unsecured-Loans/internet/Unsecured-Loans-They-took-499-promised-me-a-10000-business-loan-and-now-I-dont-have-881418. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Unsecured Loans

Illegal

AUTHOR: Richard - (USA)

I am no lawyer - but I understand it is illegal to demand a fee prior to getting a loan. You got scammed alright.
Never let anyone debit your account electronically - they can do it again and again...

You better close the account now and see if the bank ca reverse the debit - good luck with that. Sorry you got burnt