Complaint Review: Upper Fox Securities Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, December 16, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, December 16, 2008

• Reported By:Laguna Hills California
Upper Fox Securities Inc.
27- King Street, Toronto, Ontario Canada

Upper Fox Securities Inc., DE-OTTO NORTH AMERICAN SWEEPSTAKES LOTTERY, Janet Williams, Martin Kevin Lottery Hoax Toronto, Ontario

I received a check in the mail for $4,980 stating I had won $125,000 U.S. Dollars in a lottery. The check was to pay taxes on my winnings. The whole thing is bogus, of course and having been ripped off earlier in the year in an internet scam, I knew immediately it was a hoax. They get you to send a tax payment to the tax agent and then you can cash the check.

This is basically what happened to me earlier in the year, but it was different in that an overseas company hired me. I had put my resume on Craigslist and was contacted by this company who wished to hire me to represent them in this country. After a short period of time, they sent me a check which was supposedly from a client to pay for goods received. I was to cash the check and immediately send, via western union, two checks to their accounting departments and the remainder of the check I was to keep. I was ripped off in the amount of $3,700.

If it's too good to be true, it isn't! Don't fall for any scheme where you have to send so much as a cent to anyone.

Cope
Laguna Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2008 05:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Upper-Fox-Securities-Inc/Toronto-Ontario/Upper-Fox-Securities-Inc-DE-OTTO-NORTH-AMERICAN-SWEEPSTAKES-LOTTERY-Janet-Williams-Mar-402125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Upper Fox Securities Inc.