Complaint Review: Uptown Motors

• Updated: Tue, October 09, 2012

• Reported By: PhilipSeldon — New York New York United States of America
Uptown Motors
327 E, 84th Street New York, New York United States of America

Uptown Motors Uptown Motors - NYC Auto Repair Shop RIPOFF - GOOGLE COMPLAINT New York, New York

Here are complaints found on Google Reviews from dissatified Uptown Motors customers:

Overall 0 / 3

They started writing my car up on a slip to have it left overnight for a turn signal malfunction. Nobody ever called me about my car until I called them the next day. They told me it would be $350 for a new relay unit (which can cost as little as $40 new from Bosch) and two hours labor for a wiring short. I had to pay a $65 plus tax diagnostic fee to get my car back. Like a ticket to get to hear someone lie. My uncle was able to put in a flasher relay in minutes, and the signals came back on instantly! What a horrible place where the indoor smoking should have turned me away had I not needed help.

Overall 0 / 3
Disaster! They were supposed to replace a timing belt. Immediately after, the engine light went on and I had to be towed -- the engine was completely out of rhythm -- Everything had been perfectly fine when I went in, having been checked out by another mechanic a couple of weeks before. Uptown also told me my shocks were finished and needed to be replaced IMMEDIATELY. The garage that fixed me up said my shocks were fine, but that the timing belt job was horrible -- stripped bolts, etc. Uptown cost me an extra $1000.

Overall 0 / 3
dont ever bring ur car or truck to this place they services my range rover cost me 3000 dollars and burnt out the computer they also damaged my air suspension that i still have to pay for and fix and would not take responsibility for what they did they do not specialize in anything foreign there scam artists they dont even have the proper equipment or computers for anything foreign . in process of taking them to court

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2012 08:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Uptown-Motors/New-York-New-York-10028/Uptown-Motors-Uptown-Motors-NYC-Auto-Repair-Shop-RIPOFF-GOOGLE-COMPLAINT-New-York-Ne-953096. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Uptown Motors