Complaint Review: Uptown Movers

• Reported By: Unhappy Customer — The Colony Texas
Uptown Movers
4815 wESTGROVE dr # 603 aDDSION, Texas USA

Uptown Movers Tyler and Ashley Edwards UPTOWN MOVERS aDDSION Texas

The worse moving company with the worst customer service EVER. I called Ashley Edwards (owner) on Mon 10/21 @ 12:16 pm to set up a move for Friday 10/25 at 8:30 am. She said she had an opening from 8am-10M. I said lets make it 8:30 am she said ,"no problem they will leave at 8 and stop and get coffee and doughnuts". I said "perfect". So Friday 10/25 8:30 arrives , I waited to 8:48 before I called Ashley to make sure they movers were on their way. Her response was, "They said they would call when they were on their way", I said ok can we call to make sure they are on their way? She hung up with me and the driver called me. I said yes I just wanted to make sure you were on your way, he responded with , No, I am waiting on my "partner" who is coming from downtown Dallas and stuck in traffic, besides I have an 8-10 window to show up thats how we operate, I said that's not acceptable, I scheduled the move for 8:30. He said well I answer to Tyler he's the owner and this is how we operate, do you want us to come or not? i said," let me call you back. I called Ashley to see what was going on (she wouldn't answer my call) Tyler called me Screaming This is how we operate we have a 8-10 window we can show up anytime between then. I said NO Ashley scheduled for 8:30 am. He would not stop yelling so I hung up and let my husband call back, Tyler assured him they were on their way. HA they did not show up until 11:10 really are you serious, so if we even entertained the idea of you coming anytime between 8-10 your still late. We were scheduled to have the water company to come out and since the movers showed up late we weren't home for the water company and ended getting charged with a "no show"fee, when we told Tyler he refused to reimburse the money, instead tried to bribe us, "only  if you tip my drivers" he said. I missed two hours of work countless hours of aggravation and stress. What a horrible unreliable company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2013 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Uptown-Movers/aDDSION-Texas-75001/Uptown-Movers-Tyler-and-Ashley-Edwards-UPTOWN-MOVERS-aDDSION-Texas-1094810. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Uptown Movers