Complaint Review: Upunique

• Updated: Mon, July 08, 2013

• Reported By: tablloyd — Vancouver Washington
Upunique
Internet China

Upunique Custom suits that are never actually made Shanghai, China (internet based) Internet

I thought I would give this company a shot. Their website is relatively nice, and I hadn't read anything bad about them after quite a bit of google research. I guess I was the first.

I went through an ordering process to get a custom linen suit for $345. I gave them my measurements, and a couple days later a representative emailed me to confirm. His/her english was fairly poor, but they were courteous. Overall a very similar experience to moderntailor.com or indochino.com.

After a couple of weeks without any contact, I got suspicious. I emailed them through the email that we used before, as well as trying to contact them through their website. Four emails I sent over the course of the next ten days, none of which got a response.

So finally I started a claim on Paypal. Not six hours later, they sent me a tracking number for DHL via text message. I closed the case on paypal and waited for the package, which arrived next week. Lo and behold, where did it arrive? Omaha, Nebraska. I live in Portland, Oregon. Someone signed for the package upon reciept.

The tracking number they sent me was meant to keep me at bay. I immediately called paypal and had them reopen my dispute, and I am currently awaiting a refund.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 06:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Upunique/internet/Upunique-Custom-suits-that-are-never-actually-made-Shanghai-China-internet-based-Inter-1065393. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Upunique