Complaint Review: Urban Active

• Updated: Wed, April 11, 2012

• Reported By: sanderellia — newport Kentucky United States of America
Urban Active
119 Fairfield Ave Bellevue, Kentucky United States of America

Urban Active unable to cancel membership for which I didn't join Bellevue, Kentucky

My experience with Urban Active Fitness is that it doesn't matter whether or not you sign anything. If they have information such as your credit or debit card number they will claim you have signed a membership contract and bill you. There seems there is no way to resolve a dispute. Even a written cancellation handed to the manager with a cancellation fee will not stop the billing - even if a contract is not signed. I read the unsigned contract & those of us who were told we could pay month to month have been duked if the contracts are the same. There really is no such thing. The contract mostly talks in unclear language about the inability to cancel a "membership" without paying fees and additional monthly charges.....the cancellation process in part is filing application for cancellation which must be approved by someone in the company even if membership is month to month. Urban Active reserves the right to reject "cancellation applications" & it seems one must pay at least for 2 months after application reaches their office. I would quote directly more of the contract if I had a magnifying glass handy. I literally need one to read the important details. Do not believe what the employees tell you. Read about others experiences. I wish someone would post the contract on line. The only way I was able to stop them from fraudulently billing me was to cancel my debit card.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2012 11:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Urban-Active/Bellevue-Kentucky-/Urban-Active-unable-to-cancel-membership-for-which-I-didnt-join-Bellevue-Kentucky-867363. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Urban Active