Complaint Review: Urban Florist

• Phone: 888-2444531
  • Web:
  • Category: Florists

Urban Florist BEWARE RIPOFF Vancouver British Columbia Canada

I tried to purchase flowers for mothers day through the Urban Florist. I received the impression (wrongfully so) that they were tied directly (as is FTD) to my mother's local flower shop. Since ordering it via the toll-free number was convenient, I decided to use them. BAD IDEA!!!

I placed the call on Friday morning, May 6th and received a call Saturday night, May 7th at 6:15pm from a florist in the area where my mother lived telling me they had run out of flowers but would call her and deliver with a free upgrade on Tuesday morning. The caller ID said unavailable and I was stupid enough not to ask for their phone number and name of the florist.

Anyway, fast forward to Tuesday morning - nothing comes. Nor does it come Wednesday, Thursday, or a full week later on Friday! During this time I tried to call at least half a dozen times but was finally given a recording each time after about 25 minutes that "we're sorry. due to the high volume of calls we are unable to take your call right now. please call again later". I e-mailed them with no response. I tried their online chat system which was not working and finally sent a long letter via fax with no response.

It was at this point I found this message board and decided to put up my post.

I called my credit card company and have disputed the charge of $62.98. I came to find out from my credit card company that they actually charged me $67.39 - MORE than what they sent me an invoice for via e-mail!

Unbelievable! Stay away from these guys at all costs!

John
Tallahassee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2005 09:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Urban-Florist/Vancouver-British-Columbia/Urban-Florist-BEWARE-RIPOFF-Vancouver-British-Columbia-Canada-142600. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Urban Florist