• Report: #20905

• Submitted: Wed, May 15, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, May 30, 2002

• Reported By:brooklyn NY
UrbanQ.com
385 Persall Avenue Cedarhurst, New York U.S.A.

UrbanQ.com rebate ripoff, dishonest, never sent check!! 1 Year!! Cedarhurst New York

*Consumer Suggestion: take the company to the small claims court

*Consumer Suggestion: Be careful! I can't think of a good reason to do business with someone who refuses to identify himself.

Just like everyone else I was ripped off by UrbanQ.com. I placed an order 5/4/01 and recieved it a few weeks later. I mailed in all of the paperwork well ontime and complete. They posted on their website that the 3 checks would be mailed out on 7/11/01.

I forgot about it for a few months and in November I realized that I never recieved the checks. I emailed the company and they said that there was a problem printing the checks and that I should be recieveing them shortly. Needless to say, I never recieved anything.

It has now been over a year since my original order and still no checks. I have been emailing them since January asking about the checks and they only send a "prewritten" letter. (due to recent promotions......someone will contact you soon...blah blah) Now my daily activities include sending about 50 copies of my emails to every email address I can find for the company, including the webmaster. This has been for the past week and still no response.

Also, in the email saying that there was a problem with the checks, the rep said to send any questions to support@urbanq.com and someone will get back to me ASAP. This email address doesn't even exist anymore. All mail comes back, unknown.

I have also tried calling the few phone numbers I have been able to find. (516) 359-9578 is an answering machine. It is a mans voice but he doesn't say his name or company. I left messages and no one calls back. (516) 239-1860 is actually Urban Q. But after picking an option from the menu it sends you to a voice mail. No matter which option you pick. I have left messages in every department and no one has called me back either.

I have submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and to the NY attorney general. I suggest that everyone do the same.

Hopefully, all this time and agrivation will pay off and we will get our money back!!

Lisa
Brooklyn, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2002 11:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/UrbanQcom/Cedarhurst-New-York-11516/UrbanQcom-rebate-ripoff-dishonest-never-sent-check-1-Year-Cedarhurst-New-York-20905. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on UrbanQ.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

take the company to the small claims court

AUTHOR: sudarshan - ()

I believe the company ceo named josh must be donating to the re-election of attorney genral of NY and that is why he is still in business and his site has not been shut down.

I was also ripped off by urbanQ.com, but fortunately I live in New Rochelle, NY only 30 miles away. I have taken the company to the court and in August 2002, I am hopeful that I will get the money judgement against the company to satisfy my claim which will be collected by the city marshal and paid to me.

The people living in NYC metro area should file the small claims case against the company in nassau county where the company is located and secure the money judgement.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Larry - ()

I visited the www.urbanq.com website. Clicked on the "Contact" tab. No address. No phone numbers. Just email addresses. I then tried "About Us." Nice pictures but no address, no phone numbers.