Complaint Review: Urbanq.com

• Submitted: Sat, May 25, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, May 25, 2002

• Reported By:Chicago IL
Lawrence New York Lawrence, New York U.S.A.

Urbanq.com rebate ripoff business from hell , deceptive company, scam con artists the business that doesn't give a dam victimized many consumers Lawrence New York

I placed an order in April 2001. My first order (Nov., 2000)went well, received rebates as expected.

However, after they claimed my rebate forms were received and being processed, they were late mailing them out. I continued to check on the status, and saw that the checks had bent marked "sent".

After a few weeks when I thought I should have received my check and did not, I began complaining via e-mails to the company. They stated there had been a problem with the printing of some checks and it would be resolved shortly. I continued to do this for about 4 months and still have all their responses to my emails.

This has continued for nearly a year since my order. I even called them and actually got a live person, who of course was not in the right department to help me....and of course there was no one else there at the time. He took my name and email address and said someone would contact me the next day. Of course I am still waiting for this contact from January.

My last reply where they actually gave an explanation from them was on December 28, 2001, in which they stated that their "investigation" into these checks was taking longer than expected and they were doing everything they could to get me my rebates since they were in the "very first batch" of "lost" checks. I see they are sending this same email to other customers. Since the December email...I email them every week and get the same formatted answer back from them:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting us.

I apologize for the delay in response. Due to recent promotions, we have been receiving a high volume of e-mail and are working on responding to them as quickly as possible. We are currently expanding as a company and we are trying to accommodate all of our customers as efficiently as possible. Please be assured that you will be receiving a response from one of our customer service representatives as quickly as possible. In addition, please refrain from sending us multiple e-mails concerning the same issue, as this may further slow down our response time.

We appreciate your patience and understanding,

The UrbanQ Customer Service Staff

This is rediculous...I dont know how they are still in business,

Unfortunately, I am out over $400.00 and do not think I will ever see it.

Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/25/2002 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Urbanqcom/Lawrence-New-York-11516/Urbanqcom-rebate-ripoff-business-from-hell-deceptive-company-scam-con-artists-the-busi-21500. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Urbanq.com