Complaint Review: Urbanq.com

• Submitted: Mon, November 24, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, March 16, 2005

• Reported By:cedar hill, Texas
Urbanq.com
385 Pearsall Avenue CEDARHURST,NY 11516 NEW YORK, New York U.S.A.

Urbanq.com IS A FRAUD LETS SUE HIM AND SHUT HIM DOWN NEW YORK New York

*Author of original report: We sued him and I got 83% of my money!! It's better than nothing!

On April 26,2001- I placed an order online at Urbanq.com with the impression that I would receive a return Q-bate(rebate) within 8-12 weeks if I followed their required guide lines.
My purchase was for $294.91 by a credit card. I received my merchandise as I was told; I However,my Q-bates(rebate) were and are still another story. I should have received a rebate of $278.94. Which means my total cost should have only been $15.97. I sent numerous emails inquiring the whereabouts of my rebates and I was constantly put off. The first few letters were ignored. Then I received a letter stating that my rebates should arrive within 2 more weeks and if I hadn't received it by that I should inquire again. When I inquired again I heard that there was a computer glitch -and that some checks had been printed and they were having a problem determining who had been paid. But they assured me this problem would be resolved quickly and my checks would be on the way. After allowing several more weeks to pass I inquired again as to the whereabouts of my rebates and I received a rude email telling me they were very busy with other customers for the season and to please not contact them anymore. After more investigating I contacted the BBB and received no help other than I need to file with another agency. I phoned the guy at the number provided on the form and he told me he had no idea who the company was or anything about it.
I have since discovered this has been a scam for a long time and wonder what we as internet users in another state can do to shut him down and pay off our credit card bills are are accruing so much interest. Today is November 24,2003 and I still have no answers or rebates.

Rolonda
DALLAS, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/24/2003 07:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Urbanqcom/NEW-YORK-New-York-11516/Urbanqcom-IS-A-FRAUD-LETS-SUE-HIM-AND-SHUT-HIM-DOWN-NEW-YORK-New-York-72993. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Urbanq.com

We sued him and I got 83% of my money!! It's better than nothing!

AUTHOR: Rolonda - (U.S.A.)

I filed a class action suit in New York and won a settlement of 83% of what was due to me. Although I wish we would have got 100% from the scum...It's better than nothing.
They didn't retrieve enough money to pay half the claims, so far; but, they say we can take him to small claims court.
I will provide an address when I grab that file. Good Luck!!