Complaint Review: Us 1 Van Lines Of Texas - Us 1 Van Lines - Transit USA

• Submitted: Mon, October 10, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, October 10, 2005

• Reported By:Salt Lake City Utah
Us 1 Van Lines Of Texas - Us 1 Van Lines - Transit USA
2565 W. Commerce Street, Dallas, Texas 75212 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Us 1 Van Lines Of Texas - Us 1 Van Lines - Transit USA DO NOT USE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! ripoff Dallas Texas, Miami Florida, Atlanta Georgia

US 1 Van Lines in Texas is a subsidiary of US 1 Van lines in Miami--owned by Transit USA in Atlanta.

They TRIPLED the written quote price AFTER removing my goods and held my goods hostage!

Please note the other complaints against these companies on the site and on the Web.

They arrived late, worked unbelievably slowly, took a long lunch break (I bought them lunch and tipped them), crushed cigarettes into my carpet, smashed the walls, and 8 hours later--working on a two-bedroom apartment--they weren't finished. They had to continue the next day and I had to delay my departure for two days. They charged for PILES of tape (60 rolls for a move where all items were boxed.) Many half-used rolls were left scattered around the apartment.

They charged for other supplies not even used--a bike box for $90 for example. Note that the listed charge on the contract for such a box was $45. They also charged for a wardrobe box they never used. They then tried to charge for items that had been given to them for an inventory prior to the final quote being made but they had omitted so they could not charge 33% more to move those items.

The movers refused to leave copies of several of the forms with me, including the inventory list. He tried to get me to sign documents which were not filled out, saying they would be filled out later and given to me, since it was late. Later, I received a copy of the inventory with items included on it that I do not even own, such as a second bed, kitchen table, and stovetop.

They then TRIPLED the cost of my move and doubled the quoted cost of the storage. They refused to return my phone callas for a month and many times thereafter. They refuseed to respond to my certified letters, until threats of a lawsuit were made. This was the same from the head office in Florida. They then forged a total amount of cubic footage trqing to justify their tripled charges on a previously-signed document! My copy and the preceeding correspondence from them makes it clear this was added by them much later. I told them to open the storage and find the items they charged me for which I do not own and they ignored this request.

I offered to pay them 110% of the contract price for delivery and they refused and held my goods hostage. This was after 6 MONTHS of negotiating with them. That is the maximum they can claim by law at which they must deliver. They still refused and continued to rack up storage costs at about $400 per month the whole time. I offered the whole time to pay for all items omitted from the inventory. They stil refused to release my goods.Finally, I had to pay the amount they demanded, per the Florida office, to get delivery after having to rent funiture and buy replacement items. Their truck was delayed and the delivery was not even on the promised day after thatI have reported them to the FBI.

I consider them to be con artists and criminals. Absolutely do NOT use any of these companies.

Goss
Salt Lake City, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2005 08:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Us-1-Van-Lines-Of-Texas-Us-1-Van-Lines-Transit-USA/Dallas-Texas-75212/Us-1-Van-Lines-Of-Texas-Us-1-Van-Lines-Transit-USA-DO-NOT-USE-UNDER-ANY-CIRCUMSTANCES-160146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Us 1 Van Lines Of Texas - Us 1 Van Lines - Transit USA