Complaint Review: Usa Locksmith

• Submitted: Wed, May 28, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, May 28, 2008

• Reported By:Alpharetta Georgia
Usa Locksmith
usalocksmiths.com Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Usa Locksmith Charged over $700 for 2 simple locks! Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: taking the bait of unrealistic prices

I called to replace a regular lock with a turn-button on the knob. When the locksmiths arrived, they said their names were "Johnny" and "Tom", but had no ID or last names.

They advised me to put in a deadbolt, and I asked the charge, but they were evasive. I went ahead with a regular lock and a deadbolt, continuing to ask the cost. I also told them I wanted normal locks that wouldn't add to the cost, and they agreed to that. When the work was done (keying locks also to match present keys--I think the charge for that was huge) they presented me with a bill for $700 and ran my VISA through their system. The invoice had no name or address on it. I wanted them out of the house because there were 3 of them and only my daughter and I at home, so I let them go. When I called the company I got the royal run-around. After 4 different calls, I got no response. Someone named Richard Lawson was supposed to call back, but of course never did.

Mary
Alpharetta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2008 03:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Usa-Locksmith/Atlanta-Georgia/Usa-Locksmith-Charged-over-700-for-2-simple-locks-Atlanta-Georgia-335204. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Usa Locksmith

taking the bait of unrealistic prices

AUTHOR: Lockguy - (U.S.A.)

I represent a locksmith company which has been based in Atlanta for in excess of 30 years. We repeatedly get calls from people like Mary who ask us to give them a price for services which they need. Upon providing the requested price we are often insulted with comments about our "high prices" and the customer calls back companies like usa locksmith because they quoted a misleading and grossly unrealistic price. Customers who choose to believe that they are getting an unbelievably good deal should realize that to be profitable and stay in business a company needs to charge accordingly and that "too good to be true" means just that. When they choose to do business with these ripoff companies they get what they deserve. Many good small businesses are being hurt by these companies because customers choose to believe in the unrealistic prices and do not do business with the good honest companies.