Complaint Review: Usa Platinum Credit Card

• Submitted: Mon, November 07, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, November 07, 2005

• Reported By:Austintown Ohio
Usa Platinum Credit Card
One Millennium Drive Uniontown, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Usa Platinum Credit Card ripoff Fraudulant credit card rip off Uniontown Pennsylvania

I logged on to the web site for a USA Platinum Credit Card. They had contacted me via e-mail. They promised to send me a credit card and charged $149.00 plus $35.00 set up fee. As soon As I saw these ridculous charges I immediately e-mailed them and told them I was NOT interested and to cancel my application. They immediately debited $149.00 from my account. I called their 800 number and told them that I wanted them to immediately credit my account for the full $149.00. She told me that they could not give me back the full $149.00 - that they would have to deduct a $35.00 "processing fee". I immediately sent them an e-mail threatening Legal action and advising them that I was going to report this matter to Thomas Corbett - Pennsylvania's Attorney General. Approximately one hour after I sent them this threatening e-mail - I got a phone call from a supposed supervisor with USA Platinum. He advised me that he had received my e-mail and would credit my account for the full $149.00. He said this credit would appear in my account in the next 3 - 7 business days. I have yet to get any type of credit.

This Company DOES NOT send you a credit card with up to a $7500 credit line like they advertise on thier web site - instead they send you a complicated package that can only be used to purchase items from "there catalog" and they were going to charge an additonal $19.95 fee that wil be deducted every month form your checking account.

This Company is ripping off hundreds of customer - mostly low income - and should be SHUT DOWN. I see you have hundreds of complaints from people who were ripped off by this Company - PLEASE! forward your information to Thomas Corbett Pennsylvania Attorney General - Strawberry Square - Harrisburg, Pa. 17120.

Thank you.

Patricia
Austintown, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2005 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Usa-Platinum-Credit-Card/Uniontown-Pennsylvania-15401/Usa-Platinum-Credit-Card-ripoff-Fraudulant-credit-card-rip-off-Uniontown-Pennsylvania-163613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Usa Platinum Credit Card