Complaint Review: Used Piano Center - Evan Tublitz - RPT

• Updated: Sat, May 12, 2012

• Reported By: julia — New York United States of America
Used Piano Center - Evan Tublitz - RPT
104 Park Ave mechanicville, New York United States of America

Used Piano Center - Evan Tublitz - RPT Evan Tublitz, RPT, deceptive, minipulative, lier, he will con u to sell a junk used piano that he usually gets for free, uses the rpt to sell himself and his 30 years of deceptive practices, purchase was a nightmare mechanicville, New York

*Consumer Comment: Excellent Quality and Service from E. Tublitz

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Once again this is a fraudulent report generated by a local competitor

My name is Julia and I am a concert pianists, I wanted to buy a piano for my daughter in college. I called this company USED PIANO CENTER in Mechanicville.  I  spoke to a man name even tublitz who claimed to be the owner.

HE WENT ON AND ON ABOUT HOW GREAT HIS INVENTORY WAS. Now I know it was like lemons at a used car lot with a fast talkin salesman. He slandered all other companies telling me about what a great reputation of over 30 years he had as well as he was a registered piano technition and i should come dowm to his store. He told me that he did not sell any new pianos.

That should have been a red flag right there, that he did not represent any piano name. He  went on and on about how he had so much expierence and an impecable name. how he was in the technitions guild, later when i spoke to other technitions in the guild i found out what a lier, deciever and minipulator he was. He will do anything for a sale.

He does'nt even attend the guild meetings and has a poor reputation with them according to the three that I spoke to.

This was a gift for my daughter and the whole expierece was a nightmare. Beware of buying from this minipulative man I am sure that is why he does not sell any new name brands.  I then found out he gets alot of his pianos for free fixes them up to look good and pawns them off on a person looking for a good deal.

He does alot of talking but the end result is  a piano in disrepair, untuneable, completely shot. I was looking for a used piano so i went to him because he talked a good talk.

After 30 years of expierence not one new piano and now I know that is because he spends his time conning people with used ones he gets for free. I should have done my research better and relized that if he only sold used pianos, hummm. Now I am out of my money, and my daughter has a piece of junk that looks good and won't play without extensive repair far more than.

He uses other people names to sell himself. I know I have contacted many others on his list and they expressed their dissatisfaction but have never takin any action. Well over half the people on his list on his website said that he misrepresents himself and and his pianos and they have heard similar stories to mine.

The other half most did not want to comment or get involved.  I could'nt believe what I was dealing with. I should have been smarter and did my research and made my calls first.  Now he has threatened me and I am done with his game. Be Careful! I wish I was!

Concert Pianist Julia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2009 03:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Used-Piano-Center-Evan-Tublitz-RPT/mechanicville-New-York-12118/Used-Piano-Center-Evan-Tublitz-RPT-Evan-Tublitz-RPT-deceptive-minipulative-lier-521024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Used Piano Center - Evan Tublitz - RPT

Excellent Quality and Service from E. Tublitz

AUTHOR: Paandora S. - (United States of America)

I am a concert pianist from Europe. I was visiting an old friend who lives in Saratoga Springs, who was in the market for a piano for her daughter. Since I am in my late fifties and have played all over the world, and know my way around pianos, she asked me to go look at Mr. Tublitz's store, in order to assist her in her decision.

I found the shop to be modest, but impeccable. The variety and quality of his pianos was excellent and his price range well suited to both the novice who needed a reasonably well priced upright, to a professional who wanted a top notch baby grand.

Mr. Tublitz was very knowledgeable and courteous. He did not disparage his competition, but on the contrary suggested we visit the competition, since this was such a major purchase. He described the services he provided, the estimated delivery costs, the required upkeep in specific detail. we discussed minute details about the finer points of some of the pianos he had in his store. I found him to be most professional and very personable.

After visiting two other piano showrooms, asking the same questions, and looking at both inventory and prices, we returned to the Used Piano Center and bought my friend's piano. It was tuned to perfection and delivered professionally and on time. We were very satified with both the price  and the treatment we received.

As a professional musician, I have seen all kinds of instrument dealers, shopkeepers and technicians. It is rare to find such a sincerely cordial, professional and informed gentleman as Mr. Tublitz proved to be. I unequivocally recommend his shop and his person, entirely without any reservations, whatsoever.
Pandora

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Once again this is a fraudulent report generated by a local competitor

AUTHOR: Evan tublitz - (U.S.A.)

There was no person named Julia who entered our store or who did business with us and who claimed to be a concert pianist or as was written 'concert pianists'.  Slandering a highly respected business of 34 years with no substance to the report is the mark of a local competitor who also entered the last false complaint report under a Jean Marc Lopez of Orange Fla who does not exist.

Please read that report and the rebuttals.

This was obviously generated by a competitor in our local area who has made phone and mail threats to me personally and who has twice been contacted by the Mechanicville, NY Police Dept to cease and desist.

It is unfortunate that people must resort to defamation of character in a false manner to further their business ambitions.  In time, one must eventually be responsible for their own reputation as a result of their ACTIONS and not idle talk.

My reputation both in the Piano Technicians Guild and internationally stands on its own merits and I truly have had 34 years of experience and practice in my field.  Those who do not have the resume, background or credibility and must therefore resort to slinging mud instead of facts will eventually end up where all of that ilk do.............out of business.

I am sad it has come to such a sad state of affairs that people must resort to such ridiculous and frankly unsubstantiated statements that even, on the face of it, look so contrived and false.

A true concert pianist should be able to use grammar and spell with more intelligence than this statement shows.  Am disgusted with this type of slander and will continue to act in my usual professional manner and show my services and wares in a responsible and honest manner and present my goods as they are without any artifice and the highest degree of integrity for which I am known.

Am sad to say that these reports cannot be verified not erased regardless of their veracity but, alas, such is life.  If you care to ask any questions regarding this matter, feel free to call me at 518-664-4367.

Evan Tublitz RPT