Complaint Review: Usenet-nl

• Updated: Tue, April 10, 2012

• Reported By: Jack — Gainesville Florida United States of America
Usenet-nl
, Select State/Province Netherlands

Usenet-nl When I tried to cancel I was routted into a continuous loop ; unable to actually contact them ; the phone number put me on hold for nearly 20 min w/ no results ; when I discovered they were a hoax www.Usenet.nl, Netherlands

*UPDATE Employee: We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you had with Usenet.nl.

First, I tried calling the number on the Usenet website.  I used nearly 60 minutes on my phone trying to contact them.  Since, it was Sunday I tried the next morning w/ no result.

So I ignored them.  They kept sending me emails stating there was a problem w/ my financial information.  Hence, I reentered my information.  The result was that I now had two separate accounts.

Believing my credit card information was safe, I continued to ignore their emails. Then I received an email (always in Spam) stating that my trial period was nearly up and that they were going to take the monthly rate.

I returned to the website, but found myself hopelessly caught in a "loop" sending me from their home page to customer care and back.  I had them send me my account name (nfl-3659089-cca) and the password (******246) numerous times.  I was unsuccessful each time entering the members area.

In desparation, I googled for their phone number when I found Ripoff Report.  I read of the fraudulant nature of Usenet.  I immediately cancelled my card in time.  I will keep any future written correspondence for my official complaint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2012 02:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Usenet-nl/-Select-StateProvince-/Usenet-nl-When-I-tried-to-cancel-I-was-routted-into-a-continuous-loop-unable-to-actuall-865748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Usenet-nl

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you had with Usenet.nl.

AUTHOR: Usenet.nl Team - (San Marino)

Dear Jack,

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience you had with Usenet.nl.

To make sure it is clear what our service is all about we would like to explain what Usenet.nl is and how it works. Usenet.nl is an usenet provider which comes with easy and safe software to enter the worldwide network of the usenet. It is fairly simple to gain access: all you have to do is signing up on our website and you can start. The first 14 days, the so called trial period, are completely for free and you can check out all about our program. After that period, if you do not cancel within 14 days, you enter the full membership depending on what package you chose (as mentioned during the sign-up process as well as in the TOS).

Cancelling is possible anytime during the trial period by using the cancel button in your member area or you can also send us a Support inquiry with your cancellation (https://en.usenet.nl/service/support-form/).  Our hotline is available 24 hours, 7 days a week for any questions.

It is not our intention to give incorrect or untruthful information on our website or hide anything referring to the trial period or the contracts. Please contact us at response@usenet.nl. We will gladly come back to you.

All the best,