Complaint Review: Usenet.nl

• Submitted: Sat, January 28, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, January 28, 2012

• Reported By: ChristinS — Alhambra Illinois United States of America

Usenet.nl Usenet 14 day "free" trial - then billed me over 99 Euros San Marino, Internet

I signed up for a 14 day free trial to download a file I needed to view for a school project and to try out their service.  Their software sucked and I tried to cancel my supscription through Paypal and they still managed to charge me over 99.00 EUR

They claim they sent emails warning me I was at the end of the trial - I never received those how convenient...

I also never would have knowingly agreed to over a $130 dollar charge at the end of a "free trial" which means they willfully hide this.  I assumed when signing up for a subscription after free trial it would be their monthly plan - not over 130 dollars at once.

When I called customer service she gave me the runaround, could barely understand me (I had to keep spelling things over and over for her) and then told me there is nothing she can do because I agreed to these terms - BULL.

I have filed a complaint with Paypal and will see if they hold up my dispute... I hope so because these people have done this before and I should have done my homework before agreeing to a trial.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2012 01:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Usenetnl/internet/Usenetnl-Usenet-14-day-free-trial-then-billed-me-over-99-Euros-San-Marino-Internet-830258. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Usenet.nl