Complaint Review: VACATION CLUB CHEAP TRIPS

• Updated: Thu, December 31, 2009

• Reported By: WEEZ — CHATTANOOGA Tennessee United States of America
VACATION CLUB CHEAP TRIPS
PO BOX 2036 CHERRY HILL, New Jersey United States of America

VACATION CLUB CHEAP TRIPS PRIVATE VACATION CLUB did not refund my money CHERRY HILL, New Jersey

I received a phone call from the "member services" department telling me that I was a lifetime member and they were offering a new package and wanted me to look at it.  I didn't know I was a lifetime member; thought I had forgotten, but I did remember something about the name of the company.

My father wasn't well and I was busy taking care of him. I first told him no that I wasn't interested but he told me I would have 45 days to review the information and would receive an immediate refund if I chose not to participate.  I agreed just to get him off the phone.

When I received the information I quickly reviewed it; found that he had completely misrepresented the package, instead of 45 days I had only 30.  I reviewed it and immediately returned it. They received it on October 5.

I waited a month for a refund but received nothing.  I began a dispute with my credit card company but, since one of their questions was about contacting the company, I decided to call the company at their 800 number.

I called them and was told that they had received the package and it would take 2 billing cycles to refund the money.  In the meantime, I was going through my files and found that in 2004 I had joined this club but then cancelled my membership.  I never received a refund on that.

Today is December 31, 2009 and I have still received nothing.  I refiled the dispute with my credit card company and tried to call the 800 number once again.  The number rang busy, a quick busy, as though it was out of order.

This is a total ripoff and I would advise people to hang up on these telemarketers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2009 11:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VACATION-CLUB-CHEAP-TRIPS/CHERRY-HILL-New-Jersey-08034/VACATION-CLUB-CHEAP-TRIPS-PRIVATE-VACATION-CLUB-did-not-refund-my-money-CHERRY-HILL-New-J-548085. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VACATION CLUB CHEAP TRIPS