restaurant

• Submitted: Fri, July 11, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, October 27, 2003

• Reported By:AURORA Indiana
VACATION SHOWROOM
10151 UNIVERSITY BLVD #266 ORLANDO, Florida U.S.A.

VACATION SHOWROOM TELEMARKETING TRAVEL FRAUD & RIP-OFF ORLANDO Florida

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I have all the info on Vacation Showroom, I worked there for 6 months, They move every few months.

After being contacted by a salesman using high pressure, time pressure tactics, I purchased a vacation package for $188 from Vacation Showroom. My money was deducted from my checking account right away on Feb 18th 2003.

After calling the reservation # 800-864-7565 I was informed the trip was going to cost me an additional $29 a night. By law and according to the paper work that vacation showroom sent me I had 30 days to cancel with a full refund.

It has been 5 months now and I have not received my refund. I have talked to numerous employees at many different #'s, passed around from this person to that manager only to find out that now the #'s I was calling aren't any good anymore.

I was given several reasons why I didn't have the check but was made false promise's just to get me off the phone. I hope someone finds a way to get these people. I have reported them to a company that protects consumers from telemarketing fraud, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Cheryl
AURORA, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2003 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VACATION-SHOWROOM/ORLANDO-Florida-32817/VACATION-SHOWROOM-TELEMARKETING-TRAVEL-FRAUD-RIP-OFF-ORLANDO-Florida-63402. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VACATION SHOWROOM

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: A - (U.S.A.)

I worked for that terrible company for 6 awful months! I don't know who Jacob Wood is... although I'm sure he's just another name that only exists on paper.

The owners name is Doug Kapplin. He's a short, dorky, blond man. 2nd in charge is Allen... I can't remeber his last name but it starts with a G and is very Italian sounding.

They have many fake owner and manager names. Ray Burke is fake, and I'm fairly certan Debra Walters isn't real either.

What they do is ask you if you've purchased a package, and if you say yes, they make up an excuse on why you can't get to Customer Service right then. They'll do this untill your 30 day cancel period by law is up. Then tell you your too late. Say no and they'll put you through to the sales floor.

They move every few months. Always the same owner. Around the time you purchased the address was : 460 Semron Blvd Suite 200 Casselberry Fl. They've since moved and are now located at Blug 2700 Westhall Lane Suite 110 Maitland Fl. Hope this helps :)