Complaint Review: VALIC

• Submitted: Wed, January 02, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, January 02, 2013

• Reported By: Rodney: VALIC uses stall tatics to discoura — Chicago Illinois United States of America
P.O Box 15648 Amarillo, Texas United States of America

VALIC VALIC deliberately stalls deadline for hardship withdrawal to avoid forclosure, saying court filing, summons and later modification offer not enough proof Amarillo , Texas

I am a laid off teacher who is now a substitute teacher.  I was in the foreclosure process.  The court documents had been filed by CitiMortgage.  In Illinois, I participated in the Cook County Court Foreclosure Remediation Program.  They made sure that both parties followed through on its requested documents.  This December,  I received a UPS letter from CitiMortgage offering modification providing that I made three trial payments which cannot be missed.  The first payment was January 1. 2013.  I contacted downloaded a Hardship Distribution Form, completed it and faxed it in to VALIC Document Control with the cover sheet for Complaint For Foreclosure of Mortgage, Mortgage Foreclosure Summons, and the Cover sheet for the Freddie Mac Loan Modification letter from CitiMortgage which spelled out the terms and amounts.  I requested an overnight check, once processed.  By December 30th I felt that VALIC would not respond. Therefore, I took my check and made the first payment, leaving nothing for anything else.  December 31st, I received a letter from VALIC stating that the papers were not enough.  I needed to prove that I was being foreclosed upon and that the offer letter was simply an offer and not sufficient proof.  I spoke to a person in Client Services, named Connie.  She would not give an employee ID number as she said that they had none. I asked if I was supposed to decline the offer and trigger the accelerated foreclosure as proof thus stating that the absurdity of the letter.  We hung up as she was clearly holding to the company line.  VALIC has stalled in the past during a modification of three years ago.  This is there tactic.  The Chicago Public Schools have dropped them for a company called Great West.  They obviously know something.  Previously they had all the members of the district.  My money is being held hostage.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/02/2013 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VALIC/Amarillo-Texas-79105/VALIC-VALIC-deliberately-stalls-deadline-for-hardship-withdrawal-to-avoid-forclosure-say-990132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VALIC