Complaint Review: VAnss Magazine Service Center

• Updated: Mon, July 18, 2005

• Reported By:Saint James Missouri
VAnss Magazine Service Center
Nationwide U.S.A.

VAnss magazine Service Center ripoff makes it impossible to stop yearly renewals Nationwide

In 2000, I "won" a free subscription to TV GUIDE. Thereafter, the company charged my credit card for a new year. That wasn't too bad, it insulated me from some hefty price increases. This past year TV GUIDE changed its format making it far less usefull as a guide to what's on telelvision. So I vowed I wasn't going to renew.

The company mailed me a card telling me to call 800-920-3667 to cancel the order before a certain date. I quickly called. It has a voice response system to automated questions. After I told it to cancel, it gave me an option to subscribe (as in a never ending sales pitch), so I hung up.

Guess why my credit card is $56 charged this month? Yep. The company renewed me. So I called the number on the credit card statement. Again, after I cancelled they offered me "Would you like to cancel and start a $1 trial subscription" after which they would start charging me again.

Did you know that if you don't answer "yes" or "no" they start giving you the press 1 for yes and press 2 for no type options?

Calming down, I pressed two. They then told me I was getting a $55 refund. That's not good enough. I shouldn't have been charged in the first place!!! I listen to a paragraph of explaination that didn't really apply (Do I want it to repeat? "NO") Now I get a offer for Time magazine. I yell No and I want an operator.

Did you know that yelling hurts the machine's ability to voice recognize?

It asks me to press 1 for yes and 2 for no on the Time magazine offer.... frustrated I push zero.

"It may take several minutes for an operator to be available. Are you sure..." I press zero three more times in rapid succession.

I get an operator. I explain it to her. She fills out a report and they may have to contact me later by phone....

MAGAZINE ORDER 800-920-3667 VAnss (magazine Service Center) or whatever they are called... do not do business with them.

Saint James, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2005 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VAnss-Magazine-Service-Center/nationwide/VAnss-magazine-Service-Center-ripoff-makes-it-impossible-to-stop-yearly-renewals-Nationwid-150169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VAnss Magazine Service Center