• Report: #2048

Complaint Review: V.C. Store & EMAX / ECS PHILLIPS ONSITE

• Submitted: Wed, April 12, 2000
  • Updated: Wed, April 12, 2000

• Reported By:
Video Computer Store Pipersville, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

V.C. Store & EMAX / ECS PHILLIPS ONSITE Video Computer Store PA sells unavailable in home tech support!

I purchased a complete computer package "PC-5195" from this company and they sold me an additional (3) three year in home hardware replacement tech service for $139.00 "CP-Z124".

The modem went out after a couple weeks. I began on 1/10/00 trying to get help. spent two days, sat. & sun. on hold and being cut off. finally made contact with a salesperson who refered me to another faceless human. no problem, they were to have the new modem to me on wenesday. but wenesday came and went so did another several days. after better than 20 hours of fighting, i got the modem. the hardware tech support called everyday for the time we waited for the modem to set up an install appointment. then after threatening lawsuits and BBB complaint it arrived, then the tech informed me that they d9idn't really have techs to do the install and when a problem comes up they start hunting for someone who will take on the job and i then had to start giving them information as to the big towns nearby.

I was then informed that they would get someone out in a couple of days...ok, i'll give it two more days, no complaints. well, now i am having to call long distance numbers, not toll free because they don't respond and get guys who don't understand why there is no record of me calling for now well over forty hours on hold and bounced from one idiot to the next who don't know what's going on.

Now i start to threaten lawsuits and bbb complaints again and the imagined tech support lets me start working for them again, now we start calling all around to line them up a tech to do this simple two minute install that they refuse to let me do because it will VOID THE WARRANTY! what warranty?

"I" now find them a certified local tech and call to give them the number and a lady tells me that they will check with the guy and if his price is right and he meets their qualifications, they will let him do it. i informed her that whatever his price, it was going to be cheaper than the lawsuit i was preparing to file if it wasn't fixed within 24 hours...it was finally on 3/30/00.

I have filed with my VISA and today with the bbb in their area to get a refund but so far,,,NO REFUND & NO RESPONSE! thank you for letting me inform the public of this FRAUDULENT service scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VC-Store-EMAX-ECS-PHILLIPS-ONSITE/Pipersville-Pennsylvania-18947/VC-Store-EMAX-ECS-PHILLIPS-ONSITE-Video-Computer-Store-PA-sells-unavailable-in-hom-2048. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on V.C. Store & EMAX / ECS PHILLIPS ONSITE