Complaint Review: VCA Little Animal Hospital

• Submitted: Thu, August 06, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, August 06, 2009

• Reported By:New Port Richey Florida
VCA Little Animal Hospital
11014 Little Road New Port Richey, Florida U.S.A.

VCA Little Animal Hospital Overcharged and Taken Advantage of! Rude Employees! New Port Richey Florida

I have been going to this vet hospital for the past five years. It switched doctors and company name and failed to ever notify me. When arriving the staff was rude and snappy.

My two dogs had a persistent cough. I knew it wasn't kennel cough, so I was concerned it may have been heart worms disease. They tried to have me pay $500.00 per dog for tests.

I told them there was know way I could afford that at this time. They brought it down to $260.00 a dog. I agreed. They had me sign papers to agree to the price.

After the exam was done they came back with a bill of almost $400.00 dog! They never told me there would be extra charges in case they gave them medication.

In the end I ended up paying $730.00! In the end I found at all they needed to do to check for heart worms disease was take a $40.00 blood test! I am currently trying to fight against the bill to receive the money I should have never paid!

Marisa
New Port Richey, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2009 07:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VCA-Little-Animal-Hospital/New-Port-Richey-Florida-34654/VCA-Little-Animal-Hospital-Overcharged-and-Taken-Advantage-of-Rude-Employees-New-Port-Ri-477226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VCA Little Animal Hospital