Complaint Review: VCA West Los Angeles Animal Hospital

• Submitted: Thu, February 07, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 17, 2010

• Reported By:los angeles California
VCA West Los Angeles Animal Hospital
1818 South Sepulveda Blvd. Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

VCA West Los Angeles Animal Hospital David Bruyette - worst person in the world Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: Unprofessional response by owner

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Client Concerns

*Consumer Comment: VCA Should Kick Out David Bruyette Right Away. He Undermines VCA Obviously.

In 2003, took my dog to VCAWLA because he had a small lump. They sent in a student, (it is a teaching hospital) who took a biopsy, and they sent it to the lab, Antech, which VCA owns. The vet called me to tell me that the biopsy was malignant, and that my dog had 6 months to live. They recommended radiation under sedation for 4 weeks, 5 times a week, then surgery. The radiation alone would have cost nearly $6000, besides the fact, I have a bulldog who never would have lived through that trauma. I told them to just do the surgery, and after ultrasound, ct scans, an other tests, they removed the tumor, and a good portion of my dogs left side, leaving a 14" scar and my dog howling.

4 days later they called me to tell me that the tumor was just a small lump of fat! I was livid. Clearly he never had cancer in the first place. I obtained copies of the initial biopsy, and it turns out, it was performed by another student with no oversight from an experienced pathologist. I complained to VCA and was told to just go away. The lab had an experienced pathologist redo the biopsy, and it was inconclusive for cancer, and my dog should never have received the surgery.

When I wrote to David Bruyette, he was a real piece of work. I was very professional and understanding in my correspondence with him, and he couldn't have been more rude. I told him how upset I was about the situation, and something should be done, my dog had been BUTCHERED for no reason, just their negligence. He wrote me and told me that since I felt that way, I should "seek further veterinary care at another facility" and they would "gladly forward his chart to that clinic". What a d*ck! They wouldn't refund my money either. I had spent nearly $3000.00. Thank God I didn't do the radiation. I took this up with their corporate offices, and still I was told to go away.

This was almost 5 years ago when my dog was 7. Today is his 12th birthday and he is doing great. We haven't been back to VCA since.

Ebey
los angeles, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2008 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VCA-West-Los-Angeles-Animal-Hospital/Los-Angeles-California-90025/VCA-West-Los-Angeles-Animal-Hospital-David-Bruyette-worst-person-in-the-world-Los-Angele-307004. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VCA West Los Angeles Animal Hospital

Unprofessional response by owner

AUTHOR: AgentO - (United States of America)

I think it speaks for itself that the company owner's rebuttal makes reference to a dissatisfied customer as either not speaking english properly or being uneducated.  In no case is it acceptable customer service to respond to a complaint with petty insults.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Client Concerns

AUTHOR: Dr David Bruyette - (U.S.A.)

I have read both of the reports and neither of these clients exist in our database. I can only assume they are using false names to remain anonymous. I certainly am concerned about their extremely harsh and negative accusations. The grammar is very odd so I do not know if perhaps English is not their first language or they are simply uneducated. I am sorry they are angry individuals but I suspect their anger is the result of things outside of my control as a veterinarian. I have practiced for 25 years and I can assure anyone who may read these unfortunate and unsubstantiated reports that they are completely false.

If anyone has any legitimate concerns or questions regarding my professional conduct or the care any pet receives at my hospital I am always available. I can be reached at the clinic at 310-473-2951 (ext 226) or via e-mail at david.bruyette@vcamail.com.

Sincerely,

David Bruyette DVM
Diplomate American College of Veterinary Internal Medical
Medical Director VCA West Los Angeles Animal Hospital
1818 South Sepulveda Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025

VCA Should Kick Out David Bruyette Right Away. He Undermines VCA Obviously.

AUTHOR: Jeremy Young - (U.S.A.)

That is exactly what David Bruyette to us. Once there is problem, regardless on their side or not, he will throw you out right away, not even a talk, though they've done humougous damage to you that you are responsible for thousands that are not your responsibility.

And in this case, he and his staff are definitely responsible for the mistake they've made to my pet. Before I could speak a word to him, he asked me to take my pet out and go to somewhere else. When I went to somewhere else, he is then crazy enough to threaten the other facility not to treat my dog.

David Bruyette is down, down, down on the level as a human.

The balance rule is going to work out well soon. Since he has done so many unfair things, he will receive the consequence back well soon. I've seen this happen to everyone who hasn't done something right. They will get punished by the nature.