• Report: #472082

Complaint Review: VERIZON ONLINE

• Submitted: Wed, July 22, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 22, 2009

• Reported By:Beverly Hills California
P.O. Box 12045 Trenton, New Jersey U.S.A.

Verizon Online's Unfair Billing Practices and Customer Care! Trenton New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: Bank statement

In February 2009, after making a payment, I arranged with an (obviously ourtsourced) Verizon Online billing customer representative to have my payments automatically deducted from my account.

The rep stated that my monthly bill was $41 to be deducted on the 16th of each month. I supplied the rep with all the required debit care information information as well as my phone number and email address.

I received a bill from Verizon in June 2009. The bill I received indicated a total due payment of $324. In a state of shock, I contacted Verizon to find out how could I owe such a high amount if my payments were being automatically deducted.

A rep named Mr. Sue checked and said that my last payment was in February but said he saw nothing about automatic payments. I then asked why Verizon did not notify me until almost six months later that payments had not been received?

The rep said he didn't know and transferred me to "Financial Assistance" department. Upon speaking with a "financial rep", I was informed that she was sorry I did not receive any bills and that my address was correct.

I explained that I am on unemployment and unable to pay such a high amount and requested payment arrangements. She advised me the only thing she could do would be to give me until August 2nd to pay the bill and if the bill was not paid then my internet services would be disconnected.

This is a clear clase of unfair billing practice and customer care. After being misled to believe my monthly bill was being deducted, and not receiving prompt notification of lack of payment, I should at least be offered a more reasonable payment arrangement without interruption to my internet service.

I definitely feel the thorns of "ripoff!"

Beverly Hills, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2009 02:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VERIZON-ONLINE/Trenton-New-Jersey-08650-2045/Verizon-Onlines-Unfair-Billing-Practices-and-Customer-Care-Trenton-New-Jersey-472082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VERIZON ONLINE

Bank statement

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

I'm guessing you must not review your bank statements monthly or you would have noticed that the money was not being debited.

Did it not concern you that you were recieving no statements from verizon?

I'm not saying they are blameless, but you should be more vigilant with checking your statements.

Additionally, if your income is so tight from unemployment, why the money for internet service?

They aren't ripping you off, only wanting the money you promised. they SHOULD give you an extra few weeks to come up with the money, but ultimately this is not an essential life service.