eventually

• Updated: Thu, August 26, 2010

• Reported By: Mike — Lynnwood Washington United States of America
VERIZON WIRELESS - ASURION CELL PHONE INSURANCE
Everett Mall Way, Internet United States of America

VERIZON WIRELESS - ASURION CELL PHONE INSURANCE Verizon, Talk about getting the run around! Internet

*Author of original report: After leaving his review I was contacted...

Worst example of BAD SERVICE!! Asurion & Verizon Wireless policy SUCK!!!
Long story short... Bought my droid phone at Best Buy & got the insurance through Verizon (mistake #1). I should have bought the (((competitor's name redacted))) plan ($9/month with no deductible, get a same day loaner phone, etc), but I went with the Verizon plan figuring they have a vested interest to keep my happy & on their plan! (mistake #2).
My droid was working just fine until it fell in the lake (my mistake #3).
When I went to Verizon, I had to wait over 1 hour (not kidding!), only to be told that I would have to call the insurance 800#, as they are a separate company!

I went online & filled out a claim, knowing I would have to pay a deductible, etc. After completing the 3 pages of claim form, I was notified the droid was on national back order & could get on a waiting list! The droid is the #1 or #2 selling phone in the world! What kind of wait for an UNPOPULAR phone? They tried to make me take a lessor version of the droid. WTF?
I completed the claim, then decided to CALL the 800#. The phone system was a joke... finally got a human (sounded like a computer know that I think of it) who had a monotone 'I'm so sorry, but i can't help you' answer for everything. Backorder means a couple weeks without a phone... And then the phone is going to be a refurbished one? Thats NOT what I was told when I bought the insurance!
Asurion Insurance is a total joke! buy your phone at (((redacted))) & get it insured there too!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2010 06:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VERIZON-WIRELESS-ASURION-CELL-PHONE-INSURANCE/internet/VERIZON-WIRELESS-ASURION-CELL-PHONE-INSURANCE-Verizon-Talk-about-getting-the-run-aroun-633928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VERIZON WIRELESS - ASURION CELL PHONE INSURANCE

After leaving his review I was contacted...

AUTHOR: Mike - (United States of America)

I'd like update the status on this review.....

I was contacted (the next day) by a vice president at Asurion.  Apparently they monitor their online reputation.  She apologized 100 different ways & got me a NEW (not refurbished) Droid phone, the very next day. That is all I wanted.

I feel they made every effort to take care of me, and make the best of a bad situation.