Alexander

• Updated: Thu, January 05, 2012

• Reported By: Kevin — Waxhaw North Carolina United States of America
VEX Corporation, Incorporated
2223 W Ball Rd # 235 Anaheim, California United States of America

VEX Corporation, Incorporated Mystery Shopper, Consumer Surveys Anaheim, California

I found a job on Career Builder as a Mystery Shopper for the VEX Corporation.  They claimed that I would be doing surveys of various businesses grading them on their service and my overall experience.  My first assignment would be Western Union.  They said that Western Union had been having issues with some of their locations concerning customers service, theft, etc.  They sent me in total six checks each for $2,850 for a total of $17,100.  I was to send these checks from various Western Union branches and complete a survey of each experience.  I did this twice and upon going to the bank to receive funds for the third I was told that this was a scam and that the checks would bounce leaving me responsible for the funds.  Unfortunately this did happen and I am out $5,700 plus fees and penalties for insufficient funds in my account.  When I contacted my manager about this he said the checks were cancelled because I had not completed all six surveys and that those funds would be returned to me upon their completion.  I may have been gullible enough to fall for this scam in the first place, but I am not stupid enough to continue cashing the checks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2012 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VEX-Corporation-Incorporated/-Anaheim-California-92804/VEX-Corporation-Incorporated-Mystery-Shopper-Consumer-Surveys-Anaheim-California-818379. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VEX Corporation, Incorporated