Complaint Review: VI LANE KENNELS - BEN AND VICKI JAMES

• Submitted: Fri, March 30, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, November 21, 2008

• Reported By:anderson Indiana
VI LANE KENNELS - BEN AND VICKI JAMES
OLD STATE ROAD 32 BLOOMINGTON, Indiana U.S.A.

VI LANE KENNELS - BEN AND VICKI JAMES FRAUD UNHEALTHY GENETIC DEFECT PUPPIES RIPOFF BLOOMINGTON Indiana

*Consumer Comment: There is a problem with this breeder

*Consumer Comment: A VERY HAPPY CLIENT OF VICKI JAMES!

I purchased a puppy from ben and vicki james on 0ct 30,2006. on several phone conversations before i drove to bloomington, i spoke with ben james and was told repeatedly that the puppie i saw on the website-sugarbelle, a bichon frise was still for sale. After a date and time to visit was made, enroute we called to remind them we were coming and was told they would not be home, so we set up another day. Upon arriving i questioned ben james about the puppy, it did not look like the picture on the heart to heart bichons web site. it assured me it was and i purchased the puppy. at her first vet appointment i was asked about her breed. the vet indicated that her characteristics was that of a maltese, rather than a bichon frise. she had ear mites, and after her check up i was told she did appear to have holes in her face to allow the water in her eyes to drain into her nose. that was the reason why her face was so tear stained and stayed wet all the time. I have emailed the james on several occasions about the situation. the only email i have received ask me to send her the vet report. which i did, nda and requested a signature, in which vicki james signed for it on jan 12th, 2007. in her only email she said he guaranteed the health of her puppies and she would make it right with me. I have not heard from her since, even though i have emailed her on several occasions. i just had my puppy spayed and the vet checked to see if she might have smaller holes than normal in her face, but unfortunately she has none.she also has mis aligned teeth, which stems from genetics-her mother and father. some baby teeth had to be removed and her bite will be off because of this. she is such a sweet puppy, and we love her very much. but the jameses should not be selling puppies,claiming they are bichons when they are not and certainly not unheathly. they are a selling several breeds of dogs, not just one. they should not be allowed to breed dogs at all.

Roxann
anderson, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2007 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/VI-LANE-KENNELS-BEN-AND-VICKI-JAMES/BLOOMINGTON-Indiana/VI-LANE-KENNELS-BEN-AND-VICKI-JAMES-FRAUD-UNHEALTHY-GENETIC-DEFECT-PUPPIES-RIPOFF-BLOOMI-241528. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on VI LANE KENNELS - BEN AND VICKI JAMES

There is a problem with this breeder

AUTHOR: Lila Rayle - ()

The bottom line is there are multiple complaints on this site, and I am the most recent.  You can read about Gabriel, he was very sweet and my entire family is heartbroken after his death.  He was sick when I got him and I spent thousands of $s for him and his health care in just 6 weeks.  The person repoting this is not a horrible person, the person rebutting this is just "lucky"

A VERY HAPPY CLIENT OF VICKI JAMES!

AUTHOR: A Happy Client Of Vicki James - (U.S.A.)

I am writing this letter to anyone that is considering on buying a Cavachon puppy from Vicki James at Cavachonpuppies.com.

I could not have had a better expierance with Vicki!!! PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS HORRIBLE report about her. My husband found this report and did not want me to purchase a dog from her and I almost didn't.

I decided to go with my gut feeling about her. I did call her and ask what was up with this report. She was very honest and not defensive at all and told me if you do not want to purchaes a pup due to this report I will understand but it's not true. The bottom line is this person is not providing you with all of the details. I feel that it is aweful that because of one person she has probably lost business and will continue to.
I am happy to say that I am not one of those people .... I am a proud owner of an ADORABLE 4 month old black and white Cavachon I bought from Vicki. The puppy flew into Logan and we picked him up on Sept 5th! You could tell he was very well taken care of and was very clean. This dog has the most wonderful temperment and people comment on how well behaved he is ALL THE TIME. In fact, the Vet is so in Love with him and always says if you ever want to give him up I will take him! He is 4 months old and to date is as healthy as can be.

I just wanted to go on record to let anyone reading this horrible report about her that there are many, many clients of Viki's that stay in touch with her and are very happy with their dogs. In fact, many of her clients have gone back to her to purchase an additional puppy. This is a woman who has a wonderful disposition and was very easy to do business with and she Loves her dogs and what she does. She called me every day the first week we had the dog to make sure he was ok and was very helpful to me with any questions I had on caring for him. Actually, I still stay in touch with her. I AM VERY HAPPY I HAVE MY VERY HEALTHY PUPPY I BOUGHT FROM VICKI!